Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I went to a job walk today at an apartment building...

BoatPI
    These photos convinced me that I do it correct. I even sometimes visit the applicants current apartment BEFORE I rent to them.
    I hate trashed places. It may take a bit longer, but I think it pays off in the long run. I have a vacancy now and last weekend I received 100 calls in two days. Peeps want nicer units and will pay. Apartment living can suck.

LASINC
    :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

GHTRIM
    This is what scares me about having any renters in my Havasu house once it's done. Think I will just keep it to myself !!
    I would do everything possible to NOT rent your pad in Havi... I don't rent mine so it is always the way I left it.... NOT F'ed Up... :idea:

plaster dave
    doesn't everyone park a bike in the living room. :hammerhea

Kachina26
    CONGRATS ON 4K...DID YA GET A P.M.M FROM ME YEST!!?? :idea:
    TY, and nope, no PM's. I hear they have been a little dicey as of late. Try again.

slingingsmoke
    I'd hate to be a fireman or a cop responding to either of these places.
    Been there, done that....IT SUCKS.
    JON.

C-2
    These weren't that bad compared to the foreclosures I used to see. Those places were trashed. I did a board up on the Heaven's Gate House in Rancho Santa Fe.....the house where all those people commited mass suicide to ride on the Comet's tail......fricking weird feelings in that place....
    Small world, we did the eviction. They changed the name of the street since it beacame a popular tourist stop - and then the Sheriff couldn't find it.
    Post foreclosure/eviction rule #1 - Never (and I mean ever) open a frig.
    That and let the locksmith go up first - if he starts jumping around - you need the flea spray

C-2
    Interesting story:
    I once went to a home in the Larchmont Village area of LA (an oldschool, rich area next to Hancock Park/mid-Wilshire). I approached a small unit over a garage, looked inside and saw nothing but trash. I knocked again and out of nowhere, an old lady popped up from the middle of the trash. She looked and acted homeless, but neighbors said she was wealthy beyond belief. She was 83 years old and chose to live like a vagrant.
    Over the course of about a month or so, she began to trust and confide in me during my visits – she never really understood I was there to evict her. As it turns out, the neighbors were trying their best to manipulate and coerce this lady out of her money. But she was sharp, real sharp, despite her choice to live like a homeless person.
    One day the local council person, lawyers from adult protective services, the police and two doctors all met to try to analyze “Marie” and have her committed for her own safety – but they couldn’t do it. Like I said, she was sharp as a razor and despite her appearance, was found to be competent and fit to manage her own affairs.
    After everybody left, Marie pulled me to the side and told me she wanted to show me something. She went up to her trash-filled room, waded thru some of it and brought out a plastic grocery bag. We sat and she showed me the bag was filled with bank account books. This bag was about a foot thick in bank account books and she showed me about only 5 or 6 of them – which totaled over a million dollars in cash deposits (current too). That was only an inch of about a foot of books, and she went on to tell me about how she owned (inherited thru her family) over twenty parcels of real estate, mostly apartment buildings, throughout LA that she had lost track of.
    You just never know….

slingingsmoke
    does granny need a date?

LUVNLIFE
    The bike in the living room is totally acceptable compared to the other pics.Man how can people live like that, how can you relax in that enviroment?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast