Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air filter for a bird catcher??

Blown 472
    does anyone make one? also would there be any advantage switching from gas to alky without any changes in the motor?

blowngas
    Pretty sure you can get one from any of the blower or injector specialtys except Mike Kuhl right now----don't know what's going on, but he is not doing any business at the moment----I know Don Geradot shows an upright filter on his website-----have you tried Enderle??

wsuwrhr
    does anyone make one? also would there be any advantage switching from gas to alky without any changes in the motor?
    I make one
    I posted pics of it awhile back
    Brian

blowngas
    you will need to change the pistons going from gas to alky or no power----will have to change the barrel valve, injector nozzels, main jet, and probably the pump also----is this a blower setup or N/A?----haven't seen any alky carbs on top of a blower, but guess anythings possible!!!

Fiat48
    No idea on the filter. Bugs help lubricate the blower so I just let them in.
    More power on alcohol but you'll get some oil dilution with low compression. It'll run better for sure but not as good as it could with some compression.
    Example: 8 to 1 compression 496 inches blown alcohol. Blower was driven 6% over to run 7.50 et. (drag car).
    Engine removed and crank replaced with smaller crank. Cubic inches reduced to 475 inches. Compression ratio raised to 11.5 to 1. Same racetrack...same weather conditions. Blower was run 6% UNDERDRIVE to run 7.50 e.t. That is 12% blower speed difference...a bunch.

78Eliminator
    you will need to change the pistons going from gas to alky or no power
    But the question was "If you changed nothing". We can assume we have to change his fuel system for alcohol, but having changed nothing else on say, a 8:1 gas motor then alcohol will make more power just based solely off the burning properties of alcohol being superior even in the pump gas compression range.
    Blown, why am I thinking this is a bait question????
    ***Shit Fiat, you must have posted as I was typing.........I'm not a stalker!
    ***Here is your filter: http://goodvibesracing.com/injector_hat_filters.htm

Blown 472
    But the question was "If you changed nothing". We can assume we have to change his fuel system for alcohol, but having changed nothing else on say, a 8:1 gas motor then alcohol will make more power just based solely off the burning properties of alcohol being superior even in the pump gas compression range.
    Blown, why am I thinking this is a bait question????
    ***Shit Fiat, you must have posted as I was typing.........I'm not a stalker!
    ***Here is your filter: http://goodvibesracing.com/injector_hat_filters.htm
    Not a bait question, I am thinking of putting a hat on my car and getting rid of the carbs. I want to drive it on the street on gas but when I go to the drags run alky thru it, thats it.

No idea on the filter. Bugs help lubricate the blower so I just let them in.
    More power on alcohol but you'll get some oil dilution with low compression. It'll run better for sure but not as good as it could with some compression.
    Example: 8 to 1 compression 496 inches blown alcohol. Blower was driven 6% over to run 7.50 et. (drag car).
    Engine removed and crank replaced with smaller crank. Cubic inches reduced to 475 inches. Compression ratio raised to 11.5 to 1. Same racetrack...same weather conditions. Blower was run 6% UNDERDRIVE to run 7.50 e.t. That is 12% blower speed difference...a bunch.
    Fiat--1st..thanks,and thanks to the rest of the guys--you've sent alot of people in the right direction. I'm building a blower motor to do the exact same thing---Trying to start out with a little advantage, knowing full well it will not be in the full tilt category. K- boat motor-.030 over,454,119 merlin-dart,1071,hilborn bug,8to1,150c-1-gas,175-2alky--clearanced for gas. Talked to many cam companys-their lifts were about the same but lobe centers ranged from 114 to116.5 any input---Thanks Steve
    2nd --Could you have overdriven the 2nd motor a little more?--Steve

Blown 472
    Fiat--1st..thanks,and thanks to the rest of the guys--you've sent alot of people in the right direction. I'm building a blower motor to do the exact same thing---Trying to start out with a little advantage, knowing full well it will not be in the full tilt category. K- boat motor-.030 over,454,119 merlin-dart,1071,hilborn bug,8to1,150c-1-gas,175-2alky--clearanced for gas. Talked to many cam companys-their lifts were about the same but lobe centers ranged from 114 to116.5 any input---Thanks Steve
    2nd --Could you have overdriven the 2nd motor a little more?--Steve
    Isky told me that 114 lobe center helps keep heat in the chamber and is better for alky then gas. They suggested a 110 to 112 lobe center for gas. Fiat any input on this?

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
    fiat you going to cfw?? this year??? come by and see me...i had i tr1 hired gun last year,yellow......i have the new black dimarco "uptight" now...ask for rich :smile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast