Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small leak.....

clownpuncher
    Thanks. I did look there but didn't see what I needed. I'll get a hold of Rexone.

Froggystyle
    OK Roland... you are killing me here! You have a partial excuse for the caulk, but damn...
    The steering extension was custom built by RD and I one night. You won't find that. As for the transom pass through, as I recall it leaked like a seive. I put that grommet over it from a different part and sealed it up with silicone. Knowing what I know now I would strip the silicone off and use 5200 on it.
    With the properly sized steering extension, there wasn't much movement at the transom.
    The black rubber part is just a cover for the threads on the "eyeball" socket. Peel it back and re-seal.
    If you need help let me know. I need to get you an excuse to come down here and check out the twins...
    Wes

clownpuncher
    LOL. Notice the blood that focker drew from me? Just so ya know that pic was taken as I was removing the transom adaptor to re-do it. The 5200 that you see looking like it was a 2 year old's finger painting was my attempt in a scorching parking lot at the Blue Water to make some temp leak repairs. All better now You know I'd never dis OTR
    So you're saying I can just pull the little thing off and reseal it with 5200? I'll pull it apart and give it a try.
    As far as an excuse? I don't need one to check out the twins. Anytime we can make it work with our schedules

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12