Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 750 cfm carb?

psdperformance
    I have and 455 olds just rebuilt 8.1 comp. 480 lift cam duration 236@.050
    rebuilt heads, edelbrock perfromer intake and i have a 650 spread bore holly on it presently. I would like to know if i will benefit from a 750 holly if so does any one have a good used one or one that they want to sell? I would like to have mechanical secondary's with no choke if possible. How are the edelbrock carbs? i see they are cheap but that kind of scares me cheap is not always better any one using one?
    Thanks Chris

76ANTHONY
    i have edlebrocks two 750's on a tunnel, they work fine, but i found that barry grants are the ones to own. just gotta save up and get me two :hammer2:

Foggerjet
    I have loads of carbs for drag racing and I've tried lot's on my jetboat from a TR w/ 660's to Holley 950 hp. I ran an edelbrock 800 for a while and it ran real good. I currently run an 850 hp on a Torker (also an Olds). Your motor is slightly milder, but you'll probly notice a difference with a good 750 double pump. You say you have a spreadbore 650, this carb is pretty good, but it's designed as a replacement for a Q-jet w/vacuum secs. and to switch to square bore you'll need an adapter from spread to square. The inexpensive edelbrock carbs work good, The main difference I saw going from an edel. 800 to a Holley 850 hp, was throttle response. The ellbrock carb would probly work fine on your 455. I think the #1410 is a marine spec 750, also very reasonable.
    fog

psdperformance
    What type of adapter do i need to run bieng i have a spread bore holly? Is it a adapter that sits on top of the intake manifold between the carb and manifold? I hope it is readily available. Is there any way to turn my 650 into a bigger carb like a 750? As you can probably tell i have no idea about carbs. I do not have a choke on the 650 holly presently the new carbs i see have electric chokes what is invloved making this work on my present motor will i need to run elctrical to the carb.? :hammerhea
    Thanks Chris

shootingstar72683
    What type of adapter do i need to run bieng i have a spread bore holly? Is it a adapter that sits on top of the intake manifold between the carb and manifold? I hope it is readily available. Is there any way to turn my 650 into a bigger carb like a 750? As you can probably tell i have no idea about carbs. I do not have a choke on the 650 holly presently the new carbs i see have electric chokes what is invloved making this work on my present motor will i need to run elctrical to the carb.? :hammerhea
    Thanks Chris
    I'm running Demon, Barry Grant, good carb.750or850. Try it you'll like it.

ANY&ALL
    I have a 750 demon I would sell for 215 pus shipping i just upgraded to a 850 king demon i love them. BUT!!!! there is going to be a arguement i can feel it
    It's a vacum sec i loved and i had a big cam and not much vacum the thottle response was awsome and there was no delay on power 454 mild 425 hp if your interested call 209-223-9679 or 209 267 5885 ask for chad

SmokinLowriderSS
    Spread to square bore adapters are as common as fleas on a camel in the desert (That means they are all over and easy to find).
    Better yet, go find a square-bore performer intake and dodge the 3/4" spacer.
    In truth, the spacer may be helpful as it'll act a lot like the cutout in the Performer RPM manifold to let the engine "see" both halves of the carb at higher revs for each cylinder enabling a sm,all improvement in breathing ability.

Ken F
    I've got a Holley 750 Marine DP that Duane at HTP spent about a day "tuning" the airhorns ect. It's got maybe 30 hours runtime on it.
    $400 $450 with a 2" spacer, and the throttle cable plate.
    Ken F

psdperformance
    Can anyone tell me how the electric choke works and if it would be good for a jet boat? Does the choke automaticlaay turn on? How does it turn off?
    Thanks Chris

Ken F
    You don't need or want one on a boat. You don't boat when the weather is cold do you?
    Ken F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast