Since it is getting close to summer, I figured that I would throw some detailing rates up on the board, so everyone has an idea of what boat detailing goes for....
Most anyplace you go, will charge $10 a foot for a basic wash and wax (1 coat). I have been hooking guys up on the "Hot Boat" website for $8 a foot, and here's what you get:
1. Boat washed. Even if it is clean, you dont want any dust on there that can grind into the paint.
2. 2 coats of 3M wax/glaze, OR, if you have a specific brand that you prefer, I will use that provided that you let me know beforehand what it is so that I can get some of it.
3. 1st coat is hand applied, and the second is using an orbital buffer.
4. If you bring your wife or girlfriend along, I will make sure that I stare at her a lot....dont want her to be left out. Only kidding!!!!
I also do chrome, aluminum, etc. polishing ON REQUEST. Usually, stuff like that is $20-$25 an hour,but if your stuff hasnt been done in a while, and is a bit on the rusted/ oxidized side, it will take considerable longer than stuff that is in fairly good shape. I am located in the Riverside area, SoCal, so drop me an e mail if you would like to ask questions, make an appointment, or just shoot the $hit. Take care. -Dick Danger out
[This message has been edited by DickDanger (edited May 04, 2002).]