Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WANTED:::: 15 X 30P set of cleavers

BoatFloating
    I have not heard that, but my 4 blade 28's are 15's....I get pretty good pressure with the 14.5 or 15's...15's are a bigger wheel to turn...
    I think the bigger wheel you have more prop in the water if the motors are higher. I know your props all too well.....
    :hammer2:

the_gray_goose
    Hey all,
    Been out of town for a while. thanks for the info here.
    The reason for the prop search is I cracked one of the labbed 4 blade 15X30's I had on the boat. Sent it to mercury to see if they will warranty it. I think they will, there was no impact to it. I think it was a flaw in the casting that finally let go. just glad it didn't throw the ear while I was running.
    I am trying to find a set of 15 x 28 to get a little more rpm's out of the motors when I am loaded with fuel and people. The 15x30's work great with three people and less than 3/4 tanks. turning around 6500. but with a full load like the dam run, I could only get 6000 out of them. I think this would be a good size to have as a backup set. anyone think of a better size to try?????

mbrown2
    Hey all,
    Been out of town for a while. thanks for the info here.
    The reason for the prop search is I cracked one of the labbed 4 blade 15X30's I had on the boat. Sent it to mercury to see if they will warranty it. I think they will, there was no impact to it. I think it was a flaw in the casting that finally let go. just glad it didn't throw the ear while I was running.
    I am trying to find a set of 15 x 28 to get a little more rpm's out of the motors when I am loaded with fuel and people. The 15x30's work great with three people and less than 3/4 tanks. turning around 6500. but with a full load like the dam run, I could only get 6000 out of them. I think this would be a good size to have as a backup set. anyone think of a better size to try?????
    GG, if you would like to try a set of 4 blade 15x28 cleavers non labbed, I have a set you can try....In talking with Lew at Lakeland, he seems to like the Bravo 1 28 or 30" with holes....lots of guys running them with pretty good combination or all around performance.
    I will probably get a pair after I get my hands on another 30x14.5 3 blade labbed to match the one that threw a blade...

STV_Keith
    Try Kevin at R& R Prop Shop (http://www.randrpropshop.com) in Henderson, NV. I know he has a few sets of the big wheels on the wall used.
    702-564-7502

the_gray_goose
    GG, if you would like to try a set of 4 blade 15x28 cleavers non labbed, I have a set you can try....In talking with Lew at Lakeland, he seems to like the Bravo 1 28 or 30" with holes....lots of guys running them with pretty good combination or all around performance.
    I will probably get a pair after I get my hands on another 30x14.5 3 blade labbed to match the one that threw a blade...
    Thanks mike
    I may take you up on that offer before I buy a set.
    I herd about the bravo 1"s also, does lou have any there as lowners?

mbrown2
    Thanks mike
    I may take you up on that offer before I buy a set.
    I herd about the bravo 1"s also, does lou have any there as lowners?
    I was in LL a couple weeks ago, and did not see anything on the wall that was big and matching

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12