Thread: water in the oil

460 WJ
    I'm running a BiG Block Ford. I have noticed alittle water in the oil. I think I;m sucking it back from the header water. I have the spring setup to run the water though after about 2500 rpm. I was thinking after a full throtle acceleration maybe I'm sucking it back when I let off? If so how could I fix it?

BadBahner
    I'm running a BiG Block Ford. I have noticed alittle water in the oil. I think I;m sucking it back from the header water. I have the spring setup to run the water though after about 2500 rpm. I was thinking after a full throtle acceleration maybe I'm sucking it back when I let off? If so how could I fix it?
    Get the Banderlog water flow regulator. Or check to make sure your spring is working properly. Maybe you are running too much water to the pipes... do you have water puring out the pipes or is it just steamy?
    Eric

460 WJ
    The spring is fine. It will mist over 2500 rpm's there are dry from there down to idle.

szokejohn2
    I hade the same problem with my 460 engine, the oil had turned from brown to white.I drained the oil ,then refilled with clean oil.TIGHNED all intake manifold gaskets,if that doesnt help,you might have to change gaskets out.
    there might be another problem.did you go skiing or a lot of stop and go riding.There could be condensation bildup in your oil pan.Take your boat out for a straight run for 1/2 hour run ~ 4000 rpm,stop the engine, check the oil and see if the oil has changed color.

nitro557
    close your out water valve 1/2 turn see how that does if your spring and ball are fine your running to cold ,close the valve to get more heat in the motor
    play with the out and the in to get the right combo a therm kit for a chevy will work with bolt hole mods