Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Install A Flag Pole Infront Of Your House

Kilrtoy
    I'm no expert with my hands either . .But I'm sure Frenchie can help get it up
    ...my bad
    I dont not need a paw I mean hand from him.....

6 Dollar Boat

hoolign
    I dont not need a paw I mean hand from him.....

SmokinLowriderSS
    Just a tip on flag "etiquite"....... If you put the US flag on your pole, there should not be any other flags flown on the same pole. To fly another flag (of a nation or a state) on the same pole below Old Glory, it signifies that the lower flag has been conqoured by the upper flag. Regardless of various personal opinions, none of the states of the union have ever been "conquored" legally and officially. Also, if more than 1 pole is used, the pole for the US flag must be taller.
    Yes, I know we've all seen these rules violated, but a thousand people being wrong is still wrong, and no, I don't spend all my spare time going arround correcting people's US flag flying habits. The more of them I see flying, the more pleased I am, in almost any manner.
    Also, if you hang the US flag at night, it is required to be illuminated durring all hours of darkness.
    TSgt, Kansas Air Natl Guard, Security Forces, - 17+years

HavasuHome
    If you are going to put it in front of a house in Havasu, contact Steve's Flags. He did our flag pole. Holds two flags it is 20' or higher. I do not have his phone # but Iam sure he is in the phone book.

Kilrtoy
    If you are going to put it in front of a house in Havasu, contact Steve's Flags. He did our flag pole. Holds two flags it is 20' or higher. I do not have his phone # but Iam sure he is in the phone book.
    Thanks Ill look him up...
    SLSS, Thanks i did not know that about the two flags, and that is what I was planning on doing...
    So now I will change that and Choose one ....

Norseman
    Just a tip on flag "etiquite"....... If you put the US flag on your pole, there should not be any other flags flown on the same pole. To fly another flag (of a nation or a state) on the same pole below Old Glory, it signifies that the lower flag has been conqoured by the upper flag. Regardless of various personal opinions, none of the states of the union have ever been "conquored" legally and officially. Also, if more than 1 pole is used, the pole for the US flag must be taller.
    Yes, I know we've all seen these rules violated, but a thousand people being wrong is still wrong, and no, I don't spend all my spare time going arround correcting people's US flag flying habits. The more of them I see flying, the more pleased I am, in almost any manner.
    Also, if you hang the US flag at night, it is required to be illuminated durring all hours of darkness.
    TSgt, Kansas Air Natl Guard, Security Forces, - 17+years
    This is from http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagetiq.html#1
    4. When flags of States, cities, or localities, or pennants of societies are flown on the same halyard with the flag of the United States, the latter should always be at the peak. When the flags are flown from adjacent staffs, the flag of the United States should be hoisted first and lowered last. No such flag or pennant may be placed above the flag of the United States or to the right of the flag of the United States (the viewer's left). When the flag is half-masted, both flags are half-masted, with the US flag at the mid-point and the other flag below
    11. When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be of approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.
    And is supposed to be the official website for the US flag.
    Bob

Kilrtoy
    Ok the ployt thinkens....
    Which one is it

78Anthonyjet
    Kilrtoy, try here http://www.uncommonusa.com/cgi-bin/U...&link=mainpage this is the place I got mine and is really easy to do, price is not that bad either.

bigkatboat
    We bought a flag pole kit that was designed for "RV'ers". The pole telescopes, and it has stainless steel clips on it. The pole is 20' long and it comes with a PVC sleeve to mount it. It is removable and VERY EASY TO USE! We mounted it in the deck around our spa, it is in a side yard right next to the street. My wife and I try to fly our flag every day, but the wind can tear them up. Also, we have a low voltage light aimed at it at all times, we never fly "Old Glory" without a light on her (at night). If you are on McCulloch and see the block wall with the blue lights in it (on a side street), you will also see our flag. "It's a great country that lets you tell everyone, anytime, that you are an AMERICAN! No matter where your family came from, THIS IS OUR HOME NOW!" "78" has the name of the company, they are great for replacement flags too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast