Thread: Pine Flat Nightmare

Sanger Pete
    We saw a boat burn up at Pineflat's Lakeridge marina this morning. I heard the boat--I'm guessing a 21'-23' v drive cruiser--was parked in the dock while the owner was out on a houseboat. The fire was so hot it melted the aluminum valve covers--amasing. A lot of things can happen while boating, but a fire has got to be one of the worst. Nobody hurt, but what a terrible sight to come back to. I don't know if it was someone on the board, but I sure feel bad for them.
    Also, for anyone coming to Pine Flat this summer--be prepared. My no.2 son was out in the boat--20' Nordic BBC/Dominator jet--when the sheriff stopped him. I understand the conversation went like this.
    Sheriff: Do you realize the speed limit on the lake is 50 mph?
    Son: Yes sir, that's about what this old heavy boat will do.
    Sheriff: Do you have life jackets?
    Son: Yes sir--See.
    Sheriff: Do you have a throwable?
    Son: Yes sir, see.
    Sheriff: Do you have your registration?
    Son: Yes sir, see.
    Sheriff: Do you know we have a counter clockwise pattern at this lake.
    Son: Yes sir, I just turned around to pick up this life jacket that blew out.
    Sheriff: Do you come here often?
    Son: Yes sir, fairly often
    Sheriff: Well, you were sure drawing alot of attention to yourself.
    Son: Is there a problem with riding around with the diverter up?
    Sheriff: No, but you'd better not spray anyone with it.
    Son: Oh, I'd never do that--someone might get hurt.
    Anyway, forewarned is fair warned.

Three Days Only
    What happened to the good ole days!!!!

What happened to the good ole days!!!!
    bout 20 mil more people in so Cal happened.

JetBoatRich
    Used to go there in the early 80's like to go again

Bonecrusher
    Sanger Pete, how was the parking there. I heard the first launch ramp was almost useless and the second one by the campgrounds was pretty tight as well.

Sanger Pete
    The free parking on the sides of the of the Lakeridge (first ramp) 2 lane ramp/road was pretty much all taken when we arrived at about 11:00, unless you wanted to park 1/2 mile up. For those that haven't been there before, the launching ramp is at the dead end of a 1-2 mile road that winds down to the lake from the main road. We paid the $7.00 to park in a lot less than 100 yds from where the ramp hits the water. There were probably 40 or so vehicle/trailers in that lot with room to park another 50-100. The attendant with the golf cart will even shuttle you down to the boat.
    Yes, it's too bad that the restrictions have taken what was a pretty good hot boat lake and turned it into pretty much a fishing boat/roll bar boat/lake lice destination.

wedge44
    The free parking on the sides of the of the Lakeridge (first ramp) 2 lane ramp/road was pretty much all taken when we arrived at about 11:00, unless you wanted to park 1/2 mile up. For those that haven't been there before, the launching ramp is at the dead end of a 1-2 mile road that winds down to the lake from the main road. We paid the $7.00 to park in a lot less than 100 yds from where the ramp hits the water. There were probably 40 or so vehicle/trailers in that lot with room to park another 50-100. The attendant with the golf cart will even shuttle you down to the boat.
    Yes, it's too bad that the restrictions have taken what was a pretty good hot boat lake and turned it into pretty much a fishing boat/roll bar boat/lake lice destination.
    You are right ...we went for memorial weekend no problems good times..except for trip too fresno on sat for son's asthma attack...my neighbor has a house boat at lakeridge...i hadn't been in twenty years...we have a house at bass for a week in july ...oh ta bass even put up some s*itty regs for this year...wedge

tahitijet
    This sucks to hear.. We love going to pine flat mainly cause you rarely see the sherrif and when you do they don't usually bother you. We live 5 minutes from Millerton but make the 45 min trip to pine flat usually just cause of the relaxed enforcement. The water is usually way better and less crowded at pine flat but I'll boat where we dont' get hassled.
    I did go to millerton last weekend and on the trip in just entering the 5mph zone on the fraint side was a ranger on a pwc with a meter. he came right up to us and i shut down he asked if i had baffles and water and I told him yes and he said have a good day.
    As a side note anyone entering millerton lately notice on the little hand out they give you that on the back of it. it states something like that new noise test isn't meant to be more restrictive but just easier to administer. I found this fairly funny as we are now all worried about getting kicked off our lakes and having to look at mufflers when in the past it really wasn't an issue.