Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tested boat,bad overheatng probem???

gregr1971
    i got my engine in and plumbed,all guages hooked,went for test run,the damn thing is overheatng FAST,i have excellent flow from the pump,no thermostat,and it gets to 250+ less than 150' from ramp,i am running zommies temporarily ,could that be the problem?????

gregr1971
    oh, i forgot to add,i am putting plenty of water to the engine,but i would think it has to come out to circulate,could that be a problem?, if so how do i get it out ?,and where do i run it?

cave
    You mean the water doesn't exit the motor?

gregr1971
    nope,i was thinking of removing the two plugs on the rear corners of the intake and plumbing them over the rear of the transom for a test????

cave
    The water must exit the motor. You have a closed system right now so the water just gets hotter. The water has to exit the engine. Unless you have a radiator hooked up.

Mohavekid
    You have no water exiting the motor?
    I assume you are using the jet pump to provide water to the motor. Do you have a gate valve on the supply line? It it closed?
    Do you have a dump line to get rid of the excess water that you're not running thru the zoomies?

gregr1971
    going to plumb the rear coolant passages on the intake into a tee,i assume a 1/2" hose will work for now,and go pay another 7.00 ramp fee and try it again,i have worked my tail off night and day for a week and i never thought about the cooling system,i have always ran logs......i admit i f****d up,i guess i was too much in a hurry.

Beer-30
    This almost seems like someone being funny.

cave
    Read this it may help simalar but different problem (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ht=overheating) Kinda shows a diagram of how the water lines are run. There are some good responses from the guys here.

gregr1971
    i see, but i did remove the water pump from my "car" engine, it honestly never crossed my mind about the system being closed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast