Thread: Berkeley C to G conversion

gregr1971
    i have a broke a*s neighbor who has a C pump,i gave him an old G bowl with a 7* wedge and a manual place diverter, what is involved in converting this set up over to the G bowl? i was thinking of just changing the bowls?? or is there more to it?

Mohavekid
    That's it.
    The two bowls are interchangeable.

gregr1971
    thanks, mojavekid, this cat wants to throw a huge tail and has bugged me for a year for my bowl and diverter,i give it to him .....now i got to put the somebi**h on and probably have to buy the gaskets too! i guess i will get a few more yard cuttings out of this....by the way i was looking on the american turbine site at the berkley jet overhaul section,they recomend putting a grease fitting in the bowl and using grease instead of oil??????

i was looking on the american turbine site at the berkley jet overhaul section,they recomend putting a grease fitting in the bowl and using grease instead of oil??????
    i personally use grease in my bowl (Berk)...i have used it for years...i was told way back when... that it dissapates any water that gets in there...i use a very high industrial heat grease that is used for motor bearings...the grease that Rex sells (Neo) is very gd...just my .02 cents worth
    fastrat

gregr1971
    thanks for the knowledge fella's.