Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Engine Trouble

piper
    I'm looking for a good place that can work on my engine? I need to get the head gaskets replaced on a Chevy 454 V8. I'm looking for a place in or near San Gabriel valley where I can drop of the boat and they can do the work. I would do it but I work way to many hours during the week to have time to even take my boat out. I will make time to take it to the shop though.

BigBlockBaja
    I would do it but I work way to many hours during the week to have time to even take my boat out. I will make time to take it to the shop though.
    WHAT?? Make time to replace the head gaskets then....

piper
    It's hard, I'm usually at work 7 days a week for one thing or another. I took some time off to change the oil out today and was surprised with a milk shake.

SmokinLowriderSS
    It only takes a couple hours max, (and a 12-pack of beer).
    Besides, self-done lets you be certain they were done right, torques and all.
    Don't forget Silicone sealant on ALL the head bolts, they all go into the water jacket (well, at least the long ones do). :idea:

SmokinLowriderSS
    I know waht ya mean about lack of time. I got 3 days off from 1October to 31 January this past winter, and rebulilt my 6.9L diesel engine in the process, then rebuilt my 454, timing chain, up-cammed her, rod-bolts, intake, air cleaner, steering, All 3 of those days were holidays and MOST of them were 10-hr days (and I commute an hour).

piper
    You guys are right I should do the work myself, but it would be nice to just have someone else deal with it. Looks I will have to shut the cell phone off next weekend.

BigBlockBaja
    when do you find time to go boating?

piper
    I know waht ya mean about lack of time. I got 3 days off from 1October to 31 January this past winter, and rebulilt my 6.9L diesel engine in the process, then rebuilt my 454, timing chain, up-cammed her, rod-bolts, intake, air cleaner, steering, All 3 of those days were holidays and MOST of them were 10-hr days (and I commute an hour).
    That's what I dealing with right now. I'm working everyday plus overtime in the process. It's killing me slowly. It's been like this for almost three months. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines!! That's all I here. Today I felt beat so I just turned the cell phone off. I know I 'm going to hear it tomorrow though.

piper
    when do you find time to go boating?
    I don't. I haven't seen the lakes or rivers in almost a year. At first I thought is was cool becasue I could save some money and maybe do some mod's on the boat. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

BigBlockBaja
    makes me wonder.. the 2 most expensive states to live in CA and NJ.. which is worse?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast