Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hooking up a alt, gauge

well now i went and did it and spent some more $$$$$$$$. ordered a new volt meter from summit along with some other items while i had them on the phone. ca ching ca ching. :2purples:
    pat(slotracer) :crossx:

Kindsvater Flat
    well now i went and did it and spent some more $$$$$$$$. ordered a new volt meter from summit along with some other items while i had them on the phone. ca ching ca ching. :2purples:
    pat(slotracer) :crossx:
    Could be worse....
    http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery...lowersheet.JPG

i have that also plus a set of canfield 310 alum. heads for one bbc. and for another bbc a set of complete redone 990 heads that need to go back to the shop to have the springs changed for the iski cam and 8-71 thats going on that engine. next have to send out the carbs to get redone and matched for the blower set up. lucky for me my kids are grown and now that they are working they are paying rent to support my hobbies :rollside:
    pat(slotracer) :220v:

Foggerjet
    I agree 100% with the guys about ditching the ammeter. If something goes haywire with the guage, no charge. A voltmeter tells really all you need to know. When I switch the ign on I show about 12v. After I crank the motor up, it jumps to 13.5v. If it don't jump up, somethings wrong. And you can hook it to pretty much anything with 12v somewhere under the dash. I've never seen it but I've heard of ammeters shorting out to ground (through the light circuit) and causing an electrical fire. That would suck.
    fog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12