Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd Reunion

Craig
    All four of the original members of Pink Floyd will play a concert for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2 They haven't played together since 1981. The concert will have a bunch of other bands in an effort to help with the African poverty situation.
    Man, I've seen Pink Floyd in '88 and '94 sans Roger Waters and it was a great show. I'd love to see all 4.
    Craig

JB in so cal
    All four of the original members of Pink Floyd will play a concert for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2 They haven't played together since 1981. The concert will have a bunch of other bands in an effort to help with the African poverty situation.
    Man, I've seen Pink Floyd in '88 and '94 sans Roger Waters and it was a great show. I'd love to see all 4.
    Craig
    I'll bring the apple-bong-smoking-mechanism...
    ....uh oh. Did I type that or just think it? :shift:

KACHINA KEN
    Which also means there will be a fall reunion tour to follow..............

Craig
    I'd be surprised if Gilmour and Waters can go a whole show without killing each other much less make some other tour dates When they put out their compilation a year or two ago there were fireworks just over what songs to use!

JustMVG
    Well Live 8 should be a good set of concerts, and while the idea is a good one, i just don't think the mindset of todays society has the same give give give attitude as those of the 80's, and sadly any DVD set of the concerts that come out will only have 1 maybe 2 songs from the artists involved, look at the Live Aid cd's that were released last year, not all of the good stuff was on there, i know i was disappointed that some of the Led Zepp stuff was not on there and decided not to buy it. That said i hope that there can be a Floyd reunion, and a tour, good luck getting tix , and maybe a DVD of one of THOSE concerts.
    MVG

sandblasted
    C'mon....Do you really want to see a bunch of senior citizens try to re-capture their glory days?..It ain't gonna happen...
    There is no way these guys will be able to capture the atmosphere they created back in the 70's at the L.A sports arena or during "The Wall" tour... :sleeping:

Craig
    Granted it was 11 years ago, but when I saw them at Sun Devil Stadium, it was just absolutley incredible. OK, they're not personally visual, but the sound system and the effects were great. The one show where you didn't want to be up front. We sat near the back, half way up and just took in the sights and sounds :sqeyes: When Gilmour pulled a wooden chair out and sat down and started strumming the intro to Wish You Were Here, you'd swear he was sitting right in front of you!
    Craig

C-2
    Did anyone else catch Roger Water's The Wall, live in Berlin in 89 (watch it on freeview or the DVD)? That was an incredible show - no reason he won't be able to do the same again, especially with Gilmour on the ticket. Personally I would like to see them do the Wall again, nothing more, nothing less. If they try some new crap, that's usually where things start heading south. Just ask Van Halen. Cheap Trick rolled around a few years ago and did Budokan.
    -----------
    How's the boat doing Craig?

Craig
    Did anyone else catch Roger Water's The Wall, live in Berlin in 89 (watch it on freeview or the DVD)? That was an incredible show - no reason he won't be able to do the same again, especially with Gilmour on the ticket. Personally I would like to see them do the Wall again, nothing more, nothing less. If they try some new crap, that's usually where things start heading south. Just ask Van Halen. Cheap Trick rolled around a few years ago and did Budokan.
    -----------
    How's the boat doing Craig?
    Yeah, Waters probably wouldn't be thrilled about not doing what he'd consider "real" PF songs. C2, boats doing OK, just haven't had enough time to use it more than I have You ever get something going on yours?

C-2
    Yeah, Waters probably wouldn't be thrilled about not doing what he'd consider "real" PF songs. C2, boats doing OK, just haven't had enough time to use it more than I have You ever get something going on yours?
    I'm just starting to wrench, finally decided to go with a na motor, 496 stroker, shooting for 550-600hp. Was gonna go with a 572, 650+ but don't want to get into the drive and steering this season - I just wanna get back on the water for now.
    Any parts laying around you need to sale?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast