Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic This Saturday 6.18.05

Rompn
    I got my Southwind Jet back from the buyer (dads friend) last week. Looks like all the work I did to it last winter was all for nothing. He apparently left the boat out in the driveway, uncovered for the entire year he had it. The new carpet is ruined, the new gauges are faded and the new upholstery is cracking along the tops of the seats. :burningm: He also never started it once in that one year period so I need to go through everything again to get it back up to par. So, now that he backed out of this deal, I'm left with a boat that needs all this repair. I'm just spinning. Anyway, I'm going to be taking the boat up to Castaic this Saturday for it's first trip out in almost two years. It's a 18', yellow Southwind Jet with blue trim and interior. Look for my girlfriend (20 year old blond) and her pup (1 year old, 100lb., pure bread English lab.). It would be nice to head out with at least another boat cause I don't know how my baby is going to run. We will be at the lake around 8am or 9am and are only going to stay until noon or 1pm.

MudPumper
    That suck bro, at least it is back in good hands now. Lets see some pics of your 20 yr old girlfriend. :wink: Oh.....and some of your boat too if you have any. :shift: Don't be afraid to come hang out in the Just Jets sections, lot of cool peeps over there. You might want to check out the Southwind board too if you haven't already. www.southwindjetboats.com they have a pretty cool chat that goes on every night.

Rompn
    That suck bro, at least it is back in good hands now. Lets see some pics of your 20 yr old girlfriend. :wink: Oh.....and some of your boat too if you have any. :shift: Don't be afraid to come hang out in the Just Jets sections, lot of cool peeps over there. You might want to check out the Southwind board too if you haven't already. www.southwindjetboats.com they have a pretty cool chat that goes on every night.
    I check out the Just Jets area, just never really post in there. I saw the Southwind Jet chat link in another thread earlier and tried it out. Looks like it wont work on this computer. I'll try when I get home. What time does the chat usually happen?

Rev. Williams
    Rompn,
    Take it over to Piru instead and Bigamist and I will meet you there. We're taking his out for some test and tune stuff. We'll have all the tools with us and we love 20yr blondes !!

Rompn
    Rompn,
    Take it over to Piru instead and Bigamist and I will meet you there. We're taking his out for some test and tune stuff. We'll have all the tools with us and we love 20yr blondes !!
    Haven't been to Piru since I was 7. How do you get there? Is it nicer than Castaic? What about skiing, ya or nay?

Rev. Williams
    Haven't been to Piru since I was 7. How do you get there? Is it nicer than Castaic? What about skiing, ya or nay?
    Go just like you're going to Castaic but near Magic Mountain look for the 126 and take it West. Go about 11 miles down and look for a little sign that says lake Piru and it turns off to the right. Follow that road down about a mile up and over a bridge and when you get into the little town the first street you come to (with a liquor store on your left) make a right. Go up that street 1/4 mile till it ends and make another right. Follow this road all the way up to the lake and your there !!!
    They have ski, fishing and boating !! And far less idiots. Also, johny law is way cool there. Real nice guys that aren't all big on themselves like Castaic.
    It's about 10 minutes longer to come to this lake, but well worth it!!!

Rompn
    Go just like you're going to Castaic but near Magic Mountain look for the 126 and take it West. Go about 11 miles down and look for a little sign that says lake Piru and it turns off to the right. Follow that road down about a mile up and over a bridge and when you get into the little town the first street you come to (with a liquor store on your left) make a right. Go up that street 1/4 mile till it ends and make another right. Follow this road all the way up to the lake and your there !!!
    They have ski, fishing and boating !! And far less idiots. Also, johny law is way cool there. Real nice guys that aren't all big on themselves like Castaic.
    It's about 10 minutes longer to come to this lake, but well worth it!!!
    Sounds good. I talked it over with the girl last night and she says we can give Piru a try. I think we will see you guys there. What's the entrance fee? Also, what time are you guys showing up? I got the boat fired last night for the first time in two years. She's going to need some tweaking. I'm just going to bring out basic hand tools cause it sounds like you guys will have a vac gauge, timing light, etc.

Rev. Williams
    Sounds good. I talked it over with the girl last night and she says we can give Piru a try. I think we will see you guys there. What's the entrance fee? Also, what time are you guys showing up? I got the boat fired last night for the first time in two years. She's going to need some tweaking. I'm just going to bring out basic hand tools cause it sounds like you guys will have a vac gauge, timing light, etc.
    The fee is a little less then Castaic....$20
    We should be up there early, 8-9ish.
    No vac gauge, but timing light and such.

Rompn
    The fee is a little less then Castaic....$20
    We should be up there early, 8-9ish.
    No vac gauge, but timing light and such.
    Sounds good.
    Do you have a jet set for a Holley carb? I know I'm running way to rich.
    I'll PM you with my cell number.
    By the way, what type of boats am I looking for? I see yours in the sig but what about Bigamists?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast