Thread: No water getting to engine???

davidr34
    So I took my 1975 sleek craft out today i just finished swapping out the 455 with logs for a 460 with bassetts.. I started her up and no water was coming in from the jet? The engine was bone dry, Any Ideas? I have check and doubled checked my plumming and it seems to be right.... Just want to get her back on the water.

RCB19
    Maybe the Sleeks a little bummed about the engine swap & is jinxin you. Just kiddin man. Double check your water in valve and water out valves if you use this kind of setup.

ONAROLL
    Pull your incoming line first, then visually check it, I picked up a rock once that totally blocked my inlet hose from the pump to the block, I was convinced it could not be in the brand new lines, man I was wrong, I still cant figure how that rock traveled through my intake and went through a 3/8ths fitting and up two feet of rubber hose to totally block the water. .02........Vic

atxwrangler
    you said there was no water comming from the jet! was your pump air locked?my last boat ,an eliminator took like 4 or 5 minutes to prime sometimes, just a thought! :sleeping:

davidr34
    There was a little bit of water in the intake manifold whhen i pulled off the thermostat but not much i had the engine running for a good 5 mins.. and started it several times.. and the really bad thing is my oil got a little milky.. how could that happen if very little water was getting to the engine? This boat is driving me insane......