Thread: Electric golf cart, few questions.

ptboat
    Guys,
    I have a yamaha golf cart. Do I charge after each use or do I wait until there is no more juice than charge. A guy told me that if I charge after every use I would kill the battery quick. Which is the best way ? What can you do to keep the batteries or motor in good condition ?
    Thanks,
    Alex.

OutCole'd
    Everything I have read says to recharge it after every use. Try not to let the batteries drop below 50% of capacity. That will reduce the life of the batteries.

riverroyal
    ive always heard always leave it on the charger

JetBoatRich
    We connect the charger after every use if possible

ptboat
    Thanks, that's what I'll do then.
    Alex.

Waldo
    We charge ours every night after a day's use. It's what I've read and heard to do. Do not let your batteries run all the way down. This kills them fast.
    Also, DON'T fill your batteries before you charge. Fill them after a complete charge. If you fill before, they will bubble over during the charge and leave rust spots on the cememt.
    Always keep the connections (batteries, motor, controller, f/r switch, etc.) clean and protected.

uvindex
    A guy told me that if I charge after every use I would kill the battery quick.That's true for NiCad batteries, but you don't have those. . Your golf-cart uses lead acid batteries, and therefore it's OK to charge plug it into the charger after each use if you want.

ptboat
    Waldo,
    What do you mean fill the batteries after a full charge ? Do you mean fill it up with water ?
    Do I have to grease up the motor from time to time ? I notice that the tires wear out more from the inner edges. When I look at the tires from the front, it is leaning toward the cart more from the top. Is that normal ?
    Thanks again,
    Alex.

Waldo
    Waldo,
    What do you mean fill the batteries after a full charge ? Do you mean fill it up with water ?
    Yes, use distilled water only. If your cart is stored at the river/lake where it's very hot, you'll want to fill them on a regular basis. I fill mine every trip, just before we leave.
    Do I have to grease up the motor from time to time ?
    I am not aware of any "greasing" that you have to do. It is an electric motor so I don't think there is much grease. If you are referring to the rear end gears, the oil in there should be changed every year or two.
    I notice that the tires wear out more from the inner edges. When I look at the tires from the front, it is leaning toward the cart more from the top. Is that normal ?
    Sounds like it's a little out of whack (camber)..Maybe a little adjustment is needed. I am not familiar with yamaha carts but I'm sure someone else can jump in here.