Thread: Flare thread

lucky
    I say a lil canadian humor - it's dry , and sticks with ya

HCS
    1990 Nissan 300ZX.
    Too bad your not closer. I'd set ya up. :idea:

Biglue
    1990 Nissan 300ZX.
    Have you tried a salvage yard? If you were closer I could prolly hook you up. How fast does your buddy need it?

Tom Brown
    How fast does your buddy need it?
    I think he wants to be back on the road ASAP but I'm not sure.
    I really appreciate the advice in this thread. There are some great ideas.
    I spoke with him and he hasn't called all of the jobbers yet, so he will start there and see what he's up against, cost wise.
    If we can't find a jobber part or the cost is crazy, I like the NPT thread idea. I hadn't thought of that... I was fixated on the inverted flare in the bottom of that fitting and wondering how I could replicate it.
    Rio, JB Weld and block putty work good and I have no doubt it would be effective and safe because the threads have pretty light damage and what is there still hold the flare fitting pretty well. It seems quicker easier to cut NPT threads in the soft aluminum and then use an adapter but I will keep the epoxy idea in the back of my mind in case it comes to that.
    Thank you, everyone.

Tom Brown
    Have you tried a salvage yard?
    Yes. We could only find one in Western Canada (a wrecker in Edmonton) and the guy is not sure if he is going to part the car out, or not.

Biglue
    I think he wants to be back on the road ASAP but I'm not sure.
    I really appreciate the advice in this thread. There are some great ideas.
    I spoke with him and he hasn't called all of the jobbers yet, so he will start there and see what he's up against, cost wise.
    If we can't find a jobber part or the cost is crazy, I like the NPT thread idea. I hadn't thought of that... I was fixated on the inverted flare in the bottom of that fitting and wondering how I could replicate it.
    Rio, JB Weld and block putty works good and I have no doubt it would be effective and safe because the threads have pretty light damage and what is there still holds the flare fitting pretty well. It seems quicker easier to cut NPT threads in the soft aluminum and then use an adapter but I will keep the epoxy idea in the back of my mind in case it comes to that.
    Thank you, everyone.
    I have a buddy who works at a wholeseller outfit for undercar parts. Getting it from him would be inexpensive but it wold take about a week before I can get you the parts. I'm Cali.

Tom Brown
    I'm Cali.
    I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.
    I really appreciate the help and advice, Lue. He is calling jobbers right now and we'll see if we can dig one up. Somebody has to have one we can buy locally for less than $450.

Biglue
    I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.
    I really appreciate the help and advice, Lue. He is calling jobbers right now and we'll see if we can dig one up. Somebody has to have one we can buy locally for less than $450.
    10-4.

ROZ
    Rio, JB Weld and block putty work good and I have no doubt it would be effective and safe because the threads have pretty light damage and what is there still hold the flare fitting pretty well. It seems quicker easier to cut NPT threads in the soft aluminum and then use an adapter but I will keep the epoxy idea in the back of my mind in case it comes to that.
    Surprised you just didn't masterbate on it and stick it back together

Tom Brown
    Surprised you just didn't masterbate on it and stick it back together
    I didn't find the inverse flare particularly pleasing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast