Thread: Engine topper

Terrible Buddhist
    OK, My insurance money is finally coming through for my boat...and I will be able to get the Terrible Buddhist back on the water after a year hiatus. 2 questions first:
    1) What is the nicest looking scoop available for a Holley 850? I would LOVE to have one turned towards the front of the boat, but I have always worried about a wave of water hitting it and drowning the motor.
    2)I put no gas stabilizer in...just some octane booster...should I drain the fuel...anything else I should do before I start it back up?

custom-cruiser
    Budd,
    Check out Dooley's scoops, Cp has them for about 160.00 aluminum and 135.00 stainless
    I think by far the best looking scoop out.
    Cruise

FastDave
    Does Dooley's scoops have a website or contact #?
    Thanks,
    FasssssstDave...

custom-cruiser
    Dooley's web address is dooleyenterprises.com and phone#(714)630-6436

Terrible Buddhist
    can they be turned to the front of the boat, or do they need to face the opposite way as well?

custom-cruiser
    Both my friends that run these scoops have them with the opening forward, one runs a 5" flame arrester inside his the other has about an 8" K&N style filter you just have to use a little caution and be aware that you have potential to suck water but niether of these guys has had a problem. one boat is an 18' couger 1800ss the other is a Hondo flat V-Drive.

Omega-Bitch II
    Check out Mr.Gasket,Im running one on top of my 850 holley and its great!They come in 2 sizes and can be ordered for single or dual carb applications.The best part though is they have functional butterflies(just like the funny cars).Im running a K&N air filter in mine and have never had any problems with it,even as Im running it facing forwards.Check it out ,I dont think you will find a better looking or functioning scoop out there !!!

Blown509Liberator
    http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/Dcp08609.jpg
    Got this one from CP performance (w/o Nitro Fish) I had a single that was black also very nice looking piece also. Sorry sold that one.