Thread: Exploder noise

dtr352
    A friend of mine has a 95ish ford explorer that just started making funny noises. Every time you turn the wheel the power steering pump makes a humming sound. It is pretty loud. What would cause this. The fluid level is good. Any ideas.

Wakker
    Ford power steering makes all sorts of noise as it is...

riverbound
    Power steering pump will be going out soon. I have owned many older fords and they all did this. some times I got 20-30k miles beofre it actually went though. They just get noisey.

PHX ATC
    PS pump going tits up.

dtr352
    Thanks. Thats kind of what I figured.

bigkatboat
    I have a 1992 Exploder and it has made that (gear drive noise) since new. It has 85K on it and no problems. It is for sale and runs great, $4500.00 OBO The Fords make that noise, but it's not a bad thing.

meaniam
    its a ford enough said
    those people have had that problem for ever
    on a good note the fuel pressure regulator could leak and the thing go up in flame like mine did. went to the back grabbed some marshmellows but the flame was to hot. when i opened the hood it looked like a propane line squirting fire. dropped the hood.walked into the store for a dr pepper when i got back the poo poo was there. i told them not to worry i didnt want them to get hurt. they asked me if i cared at all my truck was burning. i said no still have full coverage thru allstate. and you wont get that out. truck burned down within 15mins. you could feel the heat like 30 feet away

dtr352
    its a ford enough said
    those people have had that problem for ever
    on a good note the fuel pressure regulator could leak and the thing go up in flame like mine did. went to the back grabbed some marshmellows but the flame was to hot. when i opened the hood it looked like a propane line squirting fire. dropped the hood.walked into the store for a dr pepper when i got back the poo poo was there. i told them not to worry i didnt want them to get hurt. they asked me if i cared at all my truck was burning. i said no still have full coverage thru allstate. and you wont get that out. truck burned down within 15mins. you could feel the heat like 30 feet away
    Dude thats funny as hell. New car and no one got hurt.

Ralph Brunt
    theres a screen inside the resavoir where u put the fluid if you take out the fluid u can see the screen its plugged up if you cant clean it you can try to poke a hole with a screwdriver hope this helps