Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: POLL QUESTION?

GOT WATER ??
    License to operate a boat or PWC, Yes or No?

RiverDave
    Hell NO!!!!!

nitro557
    yes , i see the people who can afford a boat but dont have a clue how to operate , when they pick it up we take them an a demo but they never pick it all up , its the happeist day in their life , we do offer a safety class and i matenance class to our customers but not many do it

Riley
    I got to go with no.
    Although I wouldn't mind seeing a mandatory safety class for all new boaters. It's better than licsensing.
    Riley

RiverDave
    I'm just against any more encrouchment through lesgilation. Now we have this muffler thing to deal with etc....
    RiverDave

Slick
    I've got mixed emotions on this one. I'm against more regulations, but wouldn't have a problem in taking a test for a boating license. Hell, I might just learn something.
    Slick

Chestah Cheetah
    I know I'm new to this but correct me if I'm wrong. If you know how to drive a boat properly, why wouldn't you want to take the test? Fear of failure? Then you weren't apt to begin with. Myself, I would want to take courses just because I didn't grow up on boats like a lot of you. Also, there wouldn't be as many boneheads out there to deal with. I'm against new legislation in general, but this may solve a lot of problems being discussed on this forum.
    I vote Yes!

spectras only
    I'll say no with one condition!A new boater purchasing a new boat,should take a powersquadron course,wich in effect would help getting acceptance from the underwriters to get insurance.Here in B.C,they have a program similar for new riders of superbikes.Most dealers honour this system to sell bikes for those only,who taken a young drivers program.A friend of mine is a professional truckdriver instructor,who also part owner of the young drivers of canada school,and has good feedback on this program.

rivercrazy
    Since I'm so sick of gov't intervention, I say no to licencing. It makes some sense in certain circumstances though.

jroos
    A one time boater safety course for a liscense up to a certain foot boat, twin screw ect, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast