Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: temperature ?

77_Tahiti
    Forgive me for being an idiot! I just looked at the cooling system plumbing and found out the thermostat housing currently has two hose connections on it. My system is plumbed with a water inlet hose going to a tee on the floor, from there a hose goes to the front bottom hose connection on each of the exhaust manifolds. Then there two hoses running from the thermostat housing to each of the top front hose connection of the exhaust manifold. Lastly there are two hoses going from the front engine cover plate to a rear hose connection on each of the exhaust manifolds. Does this layout sound like a bypass system?
    [This message has been edited by 77_Tahiti (edited July 11, 2001).]

Leon
    FYI, most NHRA Pro Stock engines make their best power on the dyno between 90 - 110 degrees. Ya'll are probably right on with a regular old marine BBC or BBF around 170 - 180.

mister460
    Correct me if I'm wrong Leon, but don't Pro Stock run meth and use block filler? They use so much nitrometh that half of it evaporates and cools the motor. Just making sure. I say nitrous it and don't worry about anything but going fast! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif (Just kidding BTW)

kingb36
    Only racing gas is allowed in pro stock. No nitro or methanol, at least in nhra, dont know about ihra.

Leon
    I was talking about NHRA and KingB is right. As for IHRA it is a gas class also but NO2 is allowed and they can be up to 800" where the NHRA is a 500" class. As i said before most of these engines make their best power at 90 -110 degrees. I just thought it was an interesting side note to where engines make their best power.

mister460
    Thanks for the update guys! I appreciate the info. I used to run sprint cars but built a few drag cars so I wasn't sure. I wish I had an 800 incher in my 19'!! I can hear "winter project" echoing in my head!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12