Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing On Havi ?

sdpm
    Does anyone here fish? I have not fished on havasu. Taking a few neighbor kids and my own and they love to fish. They will be on our 26' Tri Toon "SCHOONER" so we can get to different places. I would love to get them into some strippers. Any help here? Thanks.

uvindex
    I would love to get them into some strippers. Any help here? There are plenty of strippers in Havasu -- just get a stripper pole and they'll come a-runnin'! But I don't think those are what you're looking for.
    If you're looking for stripers (the ones that swim under the water) just Google "striper derby havasu" -- here's one link that looks like it might be useful: http://www.citlink.net/~jimocker/
    Tight lines!

Freak
    LOL..starting the kids young on the strippers. Neighbor's kid's at that. Even better. :supp:

sdpm
    Sorry about that!! How about STRIPERS !!

uvindex
    This pic is from the site I mentioned. The only thing I've ever fished for on Havasu is loose women, but I know Havasu does have a big "striper derby" every May. The one pictured is from Havasu and it weighed 32 lbs, according to http://www.citlink.net/~jimocker/. Good luck!
    http://www.citlink.net/~jimocker/1102b00.jpg

bohica
    Use light line, 6lb test max., a small rubber core sinker placed about 2 feet from the hook. Cut anchovies work the best, buy a bunch and make sure to chum the water real good. SHould have no problem hooking up the fish, heard a lot of people are having 100 fish days in Havasu now. Remeber get a fishing license.

BarryMac
    LOL..starting the kids young on the strippers. Neighbor's kid's at that. Even better. :supp:
    Will you be my dad???
    sdpm? San Diego Performance Marine??? Neil???

sdpm
    Thanks guys for the info and link. Yes GJB thats me. I am my 2 kids dad and I don't think I could handle any more. :hammerhea

prosthogod
    Use light line, 6lb test max., a small rubber core sinker placed about 2 feet from the hook. Cut anchovies work the best, buy a bunch and make sure to chum the water real good. SHould have no problem hooking up the fish, heard a lot of people are having 100 fish days in Havasu now. Remeber get a fishing license.
    Go to the cove south of the pumping station with the jump rocks in the middle. Start chumming cut up anchovies. Drop your line in and reel them in. I had 4 kids on my boat 4 weeks ago and they pulled in ~80 fish. All released in good health.

Water Romper
    I was watching a group of boaters do their thing in Copper Canyon (Pot, Jack Daniels, Beer, Bump-n-Grind dancing, foul mouth, you know, the usual entertaining stuff) Anyway, cops didn’t say a word, then, some poor dude by himself throw’s out a line and faster that you can blink, friggen Arizona Wildlife and Havasu PD was on this poor sap like he committed a homicide…Wrote him a ticket, took all his fishing gear and 100 feet away….the party went on and on….

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast