Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance boats on Don Pedro

UltraStealth
    I walked to my truck at 11 and I got my boat on the trailer at 1am it sucked bunch of amatures some guy passed out in line at the ramp
    Was it just one night or was it like that the whole weekend? That is crazy, I have never waitined that long. Was it the night they had the firework show? Did everyone mad dash tot he ramp?

Familycat
    Yes, fireworks on Sunday night. Usually little no wait at the ramp other that that day. We usually stay at Fleming and pack a cooler then head to the ramp after the show to watch the best entertainment on the lake. Tired, sunburnt, drunk, rookies make for some interesting boat and trailer happenings. The start of many divorces.

UltraStealth
    Yes, fireworks on Sunday night. Usually little no wait at the ramp other that that day. We usually stay at Fleming and pack a cooler then head to the ramp after the show to watch the best entertainment on the lake. Tired, sunburnt, drunk, rookies make for some interesting boat and trailer happenings. The start of many divorces.
    I hear ya. Sounded like a good time. Can't wait until Aug 20th. How's the water? Any problems with debris or anything else?

Familycat
    Wood everywhere. I was kind of a pain. Hopefully it will disipate soon.
    Rick

bocco
    Well it looks like I missed a lot of people over the weekend. Found E4L burried in a pile of boats and boobs at the water fall.
    Sleeper, was that you tied in between a couple of big cruisers at the waterfall?
    I'm sure glad I wasn't pulling out on Sunday after the fireworks. Which by the way weren't very good this year.
    The lake did have quite a bit of floating wood but fortunately mostly small pieces.
    But anyway if anybody spots my boat up there holler, wave, throw the shocker, flash, moon I don't care just say hi.

UltraStealth
    Wood everywhere. I was kind of a pain. Hopefully it will disipate soon.
    Rick
    Ok thanks! It's great that the water is up, but it funny that there is something bad that comes from something good. Hopefully by August the wood will have settled on shore.

Tiny Dancer
    Ok, that was just toooooo much fun!! It was GREAT to meet you all. The girls think you all are awesome and can't wait for the next trip. Thanks Rick and Donna for feeding us Sunday night. Nothin' better than burgers and beer!! I think I will send Jillian up there to help you clean the footprints off of your bow. She said the "dancing" was the best part of the day!
    GREAT to meet you too, Rob. I want an Eliminator now!! Too funny you saw our boat in the driveway. Next time it's gone, we'll be at Moabi w/Scream and Debbolas. You should come by.....Scream puts on a good "happy hour."

Tiny Dancer
    Oh, forgot to tell you the story about the passed out guy in the launch line. He was a couple cars ahead of me. I was in line (for a freakin hour!), about 20 back from the ramp, and I hear some guy yelling something! I look over and it's none other than Frank. Now, those that know Frank wouldn't think this was unusual. There he was standing in the middle of the line (I was wondering who had my boat at that point....Jill???) telling people to go around, this guy is passed out up here. Apparently, when Frank found him slumped over his wheel, he pulled his head back and the guy didn't wake up, so he just let his head fall back on the wheel (oops) and that's when he started directing traffic.The guy in front of me sped around and just as I started to pass, the guys truck starts to roll and Frank opens his door and starts to push him over to the passenger side (I guess he was going to pull the guys truck over somewhere) Well, that woke him up and all was well, until...........a bystander saw the ordeal and went to find the sheriff. Next thing you know, some park ranger dude was yelling at the guy to get out of line. I'm thinkin he might have had a few too many and Mr. Park Ranger noticed. So he pulls over and wanted to get out of his truck, maybe to tell the poor guy in his boat not to bother waiting at the ramp, cuz he ain't coming.....but Mr. Park Ranger told him to "stay in his vehicle!!" Then Mr. PR got on his little walkie-talkie and.........end of story. I wonder how long the person in his boat waited at the ramp!!

bocco
    Gary,
    What octane boost do you use and/or recommend? Neither Marina carries premium any more.
    Thanks Mike
    Mike,
    I just spotted this post. I haven't had to much experience with octane boost. I think if I get my timing figured out I can get away with 89 octane as my compression is not that high. Wallmart has some stuff in an orange bottle that claims to give you a full point on 15 gallons but it's 5 bucks a bottle. But that's still only going to get you to 90 octane.
    Is your boat the one that Boatmasters had in the Pleasanton boat show 2 years ago?

Beer-30
    BTW, it is impossible to increase octane without adding lead.
    Boosters just slow down the combustion. Turns plugs funny color.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast