Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance boats on Don Pedro

Heatseeker
    John I havent had a problem and I dont know if its the good ole boy association working for me since I used to work at the marina and I graduated from don pedro high school. I havent seen anyone stopped but whos to say it doesnt happen when Im not around
    What year did you Graduate? My cousin's wife grew up in LaGrange(her dad was dam master for the LaGrange dam for like 35 years). I'm not sure what school she went to, but maybe you know her. You may even know my cousin. He's been going to LDP since 1963, when his daddy built thier first houseboat(the 24th on the lake).
    The deputies told my cuz that if they can hear the boat from the(Fleming) marina, they're coming out for a talk with the driver! Hell, sometimes you can hear tin fishing boats from the marina!!! What a crock...

Watchin' the Wind Blow By
    You guys just tell me when you are going and Ill be there I live 45 mins away I will be there for the 4th as I am every year great fireworks. And in my opinion fleeming meadows is thebest launch and campground facility. I got a 26 foot eagle Eliminator its white with red tribal flames hope to see you all there
    Want some company for the 4th?? We're also from Turlock (friends of Scream and Debbolas). Are the fireworks actually on the 4th?

Familycat
    EL4, hope to see you there. Yes, we have seen the fireworks many times, but never from the water. It looks a little crazy, but we are going to try it.
    Heatseaker, I have not been hasseled for sound as my boat is pretty quiet. I have many buddies with "loud" boats but have never been hasseled on LDP as of yet. I do her though that this is changing. It sucks.
    Keith, Where are you staying for the August 6-7 trip?
    Rick

Robbie Racer
    EL4, hope to see you there. Yes, we have seen the fireworks many times, but never from the water. It looks a little crazy, but we are going to try it.
    Heatseaker, I have not been hasseled for sound as my boat is pretty quiet. I have many buddies with "loud" boats but have never been hasseled on LDP as of yet. I do her though that this is changing. It sucks.
    Keith, Where are you staying for the August 6-7 trip?
    Rick
    We haven't made any plans as yet. If we can get up there on Friday evening, we will probably try to get a camping spot for our tent for two nights. If Maggie can't get off work early on Friday, then we may just drive up on Saturday and get a motel room up that way for Saturday night. After hearing Heatseekers input about the noise issue at Flemming, I am a little concerned about getting hassled there with my boat. I have mufflers on it but it is still about 10 db over the legal limit.
    Keith

Familycat
    We haven't made any plans as yet. If we can get up there on Friday evening, we will probably try to get a camping spot for our tent for two nights. If Maggie can't get off work early on Friday, then we may just drive up on Saturday and get a motel room up that way for Saturday night. After hearing Heatseekers input about the noise issue at Flemming, I am a little concerned about getting hassled there with my boat. I have mufflers on it but it is still about 10 db over the legal limit.
    Keith
    You can put up a tent in our campspot. We will be in our camper and will not need the tentspot area. I think we are in spot A62. It is the hookup area.
    Rick

ELIMINAT THIS
    Thanks for the info.
    We have a blue Daytona with purple, pink and mauve accent colors. I will post a picture if I can find one. We have some friends coming with a 22 Advantage cat. It is for sale if anyone is interested. Beautiful boat with a HP500EFI and only 30 hours. We will be there next Friday, staying at Moccosin Point. Are you going and if so should I look you up?
    Leaving for Oroville tomorrow. Can't wait to play.
    Rick
    One of the best looking boats to ever come out of advantage.When that thing was at Delta Sport Boats I probably left a gallon of drool in it. We are going to drive over in the truck from McClure to watch the fireworks.

Robbie Racer
    You can put up a tent in our campspot. We will be in our camper and will not need the tentspot area. I think we are in spot A62. It is the hookup area.
    Rick
    Rick, thanks for the offer. We will plan to take you up on it and share your spot.
    Keith

bocco
    According to DPRA web page the fireworks are July 3rd at 9:30.

DrewDown
    Is it crowded on Don Pedro the weekend of the 4th? Is there any motels near the lake?

Familycat

One of the best looking boats to ever come out of advantage.When that thing was at Delta Sport Boats I probably left a gallon of drool in it. We are going to drive over in the truck from McClure to watch the fireworks.
    After looking at you boat, I think I know you or at least of you. Do you know Bill Lyons or Chris Hogan? Did you ever have some boat damage at Shasta during some heavy winds. If so, a fine looking boat. When I saw it is had a 502MPI. I think I like the new motor better.
    Rick

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast