Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1990 Cole V-drive For Sale

lucky
    ps hows my boat ?

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    650??? Your boat is fine..did you wire that money into my swiss bank account yet?

lucky
    650??? Your boat is fine..did you wire that money into my swiss bank account yet?
    $650 was the charge - from wilkes - for r/r - gear swap on my c-500 that included his special lube ( yes he has a secret lube ) lmao
    yea i sent the check now put the boat in a container -- I'll have a truck p/u tomorrow lol

howardcruzr
    I have purchased a cuople of small items from Jim, and he treated me well. Prices seam o.k.
    I chewed up a prop the weekend before a week long river trip and he let me take a prop he had on hand to use without even asking for my name or any info, when I returned I buoght the prop. :supp:

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Thanks for the info... :wink:

Riverkid
    I've had lots of dealings with Jim - the past 8 years or so with two different boats. Maybe 15K in business. The first was a Spectra 20 V drive. Jim built me a 580 horse or so roller motor. It's still running on the third owner. Thank god for MSD chips. He replaced a ton of old worn out parts, the rudder, stuffing box, took me to the lake with 5 different props to try (What do you mean take that prop back off - it's sold!)... Next a Hallet with a turbo motor. Same deal. Jim is a ten. The big challenge is getting him on the phone. I drive down and have a seat in the big chair, read all his mags, and wait my turn. SHARP guy with great wrenches in the back. I have a buddy with a Spectra GN down there now getting the full treatment and he's very satisfied. I've sent a bunch of people over there, and nobody's bitching... HTH. Good luck.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Thanks for the reply Riverkid..I think I will give him a call.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    Got any pics of your Hallet riverkid?

Riverkid
    I sold the Hallett to buy a Schiada... Jimmy had it for a while and then he in turn sold it as well. I see it at Parker on the strip a lot and I believe the new owner stays at Emerald (at least that's where I have seen it on the ramp a couple times) There's pics of it up on the wall in his shop. It came out nice.
    I kinda punked out and took the wife's direction on the new boat (it's an OB, of all things)... More room inside for our twin girls and it starts and runs every time, without hitting the trailer every night for a run to Parker Oil for a fillup... All the ski race homos I know like to ski behind it, so I guess it's not all bad. (on second thought, I think ANYTHING they can get up behind is fair game)
    I'll get another V drive again once the girls get older. Yours is sure nice. It should go fast.

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    I used to have a Vector too. I loved that boat, good hull and great handling. My boat has been layed up for a while. I just had the motor redone and I've been wanting to go back to Parker but the new noise law worries me. I have most of the parts to convert the exhuast to a thru transom style which is how the Vector was set up. That's why I was wondering about Wilkes. I figure I may as well use the boat till it sells. Plus getting out on the water is more exposure..

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast