Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mojave Info

Ultra5150
    We have rented a houseboat on Lake Mojave at the end of June. This is our first trip to lake Mojave and was I wondering if there was anything I needed to know, best coves, places not to go, weather tips. Any information would be much appreciated.

Panic Button
    www.riverlakes.com has info on Mohave

AirtimeLavey
    We've been doing that for the past 3 years, usually in Aug. Since it's monsoon season, make sure you tie up well....nothing like getting loose after you've gone to bed. We like the NV side up around mile marker 35 to 37. There are nice coves there w/sandy beaches, and fairly well protected from the wind. Makes for a bit of a drive back to Cottonwood or Willow for gas for the toys, but we like the relative seclusion. We usually early board the night before (costs extra), but that gets us out early the next morning to find coves. Wherever you go, you'll want to go north, past Owl pt./cove, there's better wind protection and less crowds.
    Have fun, I hope you get great weather!!! Like Tom said, even if you do get a thunder storm, they're cool to watch. Just bring a cover for your ski boat!
    Good luck.
    btw, we rent out of Cottonwood....much nicer boats! What I was talking about above would be a much longer ride from Katherines.

phuggit
    Did you rent the houseboat out of Katherines or Cottonwood? I think the beaches north of Cottonwood are nicer and the lake is less populated.
    My only advice would be to find a well protected cove to beach the houseboat for the evening. Sometimes the wind picks up and you could find yourself ninety degrees from how you originally parked.

Ducatista
    Have fun Enrique.....I'm sooo jealous :smile:
    Bring the pic's with you the week of the 4'th, I want to see them before we dive into the ribs!

Ultra5150
    Did you rent the houseboat out of Katherines or Cottonwood? I think the beaches north of Cottonwood are nicer and the lake is less populated.
    We are rented out of Cottonwood, thanks for all the info guys!!! I thought we would miss the bad weather, here's hoping we catch break. We will be towing our 247 Ultra, so I am a little nervous.
    Have fun Enrique.....I'm sooo jealous :smile:
    Bring the pic's with you the week of the 4'th, I want to see them before we dive into the ribs!
    We will have a lot of pictures and stories I am sure, we drop off the housboat and head straight for Havasu for the 4th of July weekend. We look forward to seeing you guys.

Essexive G's
    Out of Cottonwood go north. I've seen plenty of houseboats trying to get back to the marina to turn the boat in on Sunday Morning coming north through the basin with 3-4' rollers with a 35 - 40 mph head wind. It's not pretty.
    There are some nice coves on the Az. side in and around Arizona Bay. But
    most boats are at Owl point and above.
    You'll have a great time on that lake with the HB.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Does anyone have a good map of Mohave that shows the mile markers and major coves?

Essexive G's
    Does anyone have a good map of Mohave that shows the mile markers and major coves?
    Try this site: http://www.nps.gov/lame/maps.html
    The Marinas have a very nice one for sale that is waterproof. Shows all!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Nice link. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast