Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 496?

dexman38
    help me out? Here is my problem. At the dam run i took the boat out about a hour before and ran a 62.4 gps going up river . picked up a mel and a two of his freinds and could not get the boat over 50. I ordered the scan tool for the 496 ho since i can not get my boat in to a shop before the end of the month. no fault codes where thrown. everything appears to e o.k. but i lost 10 mph. all so i pulled the prop off and that black plastic sleeve had a hair line crack . could this be the problem. HELP.

mike37
    help me out? Here is my problem. At the dam run i took the boat out about a hour before and ran a 62.4 gps going up river . picked up a mel and a two of his freinds and could not get the boat over 50. I ordered the scan tool for the 496 ho since i can not get my boat in to a shop before the end of the month. no fault codes where thrown. everything appears to e o.k. but i lost 10 mph. all so i pulled the prop off and that black plastic sleeve had a hair line crack . could this be the problem. HELP.
    Mell is a big boy bet his finds are to not hard to drop 10 mph with a lot of weight

GHTRIM
    Damn Dex.... Sorry to Officially hear the bad news.. Hope whatever you find causing the prob is an easy fix... .

GHTRIM
    Mell is a big boy bet his finds are to not hard to drop 10 mph with a lot of weight
    I knew something like this would be said..

mike37
    I don't think he was dragging him from a rope underneath the boat.
    you sure about that

dexman38
    O.K . Lets get back to the real problem. do you think that prop sleeve is the problem.

mike37
    OK on a serious not
    the last time my boat started running bad I changed the plugs
    and it ran like new
    I think its time for me to do that again we ran week at the dam run

mike37
    O.K . Lets get back to the real problem. do you think that prop sleeve is the problem.
    I would replace it but if you didn't notice any vibration that probably not it

dexman38
    scan tool said i have 84 hours on the motor

dexman38
    i am going to change the plugs and oil this week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast