Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats the worst water conditions you've been in?

INSman
    I was in the middle of this coming back from Sandbar. Was a rough ride, but my boat handled it pretty good. My friends were laughing having a great time, I was nervous as hell.
    How big is your boat ?? Mine was a 23' back then and that return trip from the sandbar was far from fun :eat:

wantacat
    How big is your boat ?? Mine was a 23' back then and that return trip from the sandbar was far from fun :eat:
    From the picture it looks like a 28 magic deck

mororless
    Piper been there. Pulled out of Naples on a CG hit 60+ seas. Could not get my sea legs for the 3 days...spent them on my knees pucking my guts out...

OutCole'd
    From the picture it looks like a 28 magic deck
    Yep

Redneck
    Last year had some newbies on the boat launched at cattail partyied all day stopped by the naked turtle everyone got hammered. I was the only sober one left there at bout 11 pm and a monsoon hit as were headed back. Got to bout coppercanyon and decided to go back. Had a friend at the islander take me to get my truck pulled the boat out there. Was pretty scary.

INSman
    I think I heard of and saw pics from the QE2 while transporting troops to the Faulklands that encountered 75+ footers, looked CRAZY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laveydayz
    Mead last year 4 foot waves and windy as hell....was a little sketchy. Think the 80 footer over the bow takes the cake.....awesome.

locogringo
    Havasu last year at the inauguarl poker run where 12+ boats actually did sink and I thought I was going to as well, taking on 4+ footers and a close second was Lake Powell last year in a freaky monsoon and maybe 4 footers with razor-like wind driven rain
    I remeber that also. Was the only time I got wet in my boat by a few rogue waves. Pretty fun though. Feel sorry for all those sunk boats though.

piper
    Piper been there. Pulled out of Naples on a CG hit 60+ seas. Could not get my sea legs for the 3 days...spent them on my knees pucking my guts out...
    Yeah I saw those CG just getting slammed with waves. We had to fly back to the carrier quick. We landed and tied down minutes before the waves started coming over the flight deck.

mbrown2
    About 16 years ago in a 20 footer...Saw the monsoon coming as we entered the channel from the backside...turned around and headed back around the island for the launch ramp at the marina.....hit 3-4 footers windswept...in a 20' boat that was pretty friggen scary...
    If I would have known then what I know now I would have stayed in the channel and went to the marina out of the way of the big water.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast