Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats the worst water conditions you've been in?

hoolign
    Whats the worst water conditions you've been in?
    I was having a bath and went to squeek out a bubble...well it wasn't a bubble!

laveydayz
    Haha Lmao....launched The Torpedo.

Debbolas
    Lake Mohave
    Cottonwood cove
    in our 19ft Sea Ray, 3ft swells breakin over our open bow and washing out our ski locker....had the bildge pump on.....no place to beach, had to go through towards Katherines and our house boat.......Scream says it was a 2 force gale wind, or something like that.............
    the other one was Lake Powell, the channel (washing machine) razor rain, crowded conditions and the houseboat from hell towing 7 things behind it at Antelope Point, and a boat decides to stop in front of us..............I had a pic....but I think it got lost in the great ***boat change over...
    I can't even image 80ft waves :jawdrop:

INSman
    Lake Mohave
    Cottonwood cove
    in our 19ft Sea Ray, 3ft swells breakin over our open bow and washing out our ski locker....had the bildge pump on.....no place to beach, had to go through towards Katherines and our house boat.......Scream says it was a 2 force gale wind, or something like that.............
    the other one was Lake Powell, the channel (washing machine) razor rain, crowded conditions and the houseboat from hell towing 7 things behind it at Antelope Point, and a boat decides to stop in front of us..............I had a pic....but I think it got lost in the great ***boat change over...
    I can't even image 80ft waves :jawdrop:
    Powell does get crazy, can't wait to go back in August !! :messedup:

Debbolas
    Powell does get crazy, can't wait to go back in August !! :messedup:
    We are going in a week!!!

INSman
    We are going in a week!!!
    Water is on the rise, should be quite a bit higher and warmer by mid August !
    10-19th for us this year
    Have a fun and safe trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

ShutYaPieHole
    Lake mead by far 4 years ago. Damn near sunk a 60' houseboat. Fukin swells came out of no where. Some were even clearing the top of the houseboat We were towing 3 other boats which all broke lose. It cost us 400.00 bucks to replace all the crap that came flying out of the cabinets. THAT WAS SOME SCARY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RICH

shueman
    August Monsoon in Havi 'bout four years ago. Came rushing down from the north really quick...blew out windows at the Nautical. We were on the north ramp at Windsor in a high-sided Glastron trying to get back on the trailer. Waves were coming over the stern....Went to the jet ramp to help to peeps get off the water. There were 4 or 5 lice just gettin' thrashed on the concrete ramp....The wind sprung the door on the '87 S-10....

24ROD
    Havi about 3 years ago in april. All boats regatta, hail storm, funnel clouds, and lots of big water. Man that hail hurt like hell :2purples: And one cold MoFo :sqeyes:

C-2
    On the ferry from Havasu Landing to Havasu City during a raging windstorm - the ferry was in troughs, all you saw was water - so I'm guessing it was at least 6 foot swells. the only boats on the lake that day were floating by without people, saw 3 of them
    Other than that, the SCOPE poker run from Long Beach to Newport in my 21'. I've never hit so hard in my life - the boat flexed so hard it snapped a piece of windshield at the midsection; my throttle arm was black and purple and it was hard to walk for a few days.
    Since then I take everything Havasu has to throw at me in stride...it was nothing like my venture into the big blue.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast