Thread: HAVABREW LABOR DAY WEEKEND WRAP UP

Burntaco
    well i just got back from Havasu and i had a blast. I even survived the weekend with no mechanical failures and only a mild sunburn. Anyone else make it out?

burbanite
    Yes, but not to Havasu, that's a little far from here! Just a quiet afternoon at a small lake near Indy. I new I shouldn't have gone (REAL busy, too many big boats blah, blah), in fact, I resisted the urge all weekend but it got the better of me by Monday afternoon. I spent an hour and a half crashing around trying to find just a little smooth water to get a couple of runs in and in the end got frustrated and went for it when I shouldn't have.
    Launched off one wave and the back end tripped on the next one and stuffed the front, the wall of water nearly took me out of the boat and the engine promptly swallowed half of the lake! With the motor locked solid my day was done except for the tow back to the marina and the load of beer I needed to drink while I cursed my bad judgement.
    Next time I'm just going to pull in to the "party cove" with the rest of the sensible folk!!

pebo
    Havau was in full tilt boogie as usual. we hung out at steamboat cove on Sat. then Sun motored down the lake to eagles nest to hang with our gang. Of course we cruzed the channel to see all the hotties. (women and boats)Just and average weekend for Havasu.
    The channel seamed a little more crouded with none boaters, maybe because their was a rave party with 30thousand crazies cross the lake?

riverlover
    Went to Lake Martinez for Labor Day and it was gooood. Not as good as Havasu I'm sure. Only 1 death and 4 serious injuries at Martinez.
    RL

Hustler
    hey burbanite, did you make it out to IRP this weekend? our old driver took home a pretty little purse after winning the big bud shootout.This is first year in three year that we were'nt racing out there but we did manage to get a little boating in. sorry to hear about you troubles, What kind of damage did you do?
    Hustler

Burntaco
    Sorry to hear that burbanite. My squirt boat nearly sunk at the launch ramp during the storm that took everyone by surprise sunday evening. I was launching off 4 footers in the no wake zone just tring to get back to the ramp and then I had to hold the boat in frustration while I watched a bunch of retards who couldnt back up a trailer to save their lives try to pull their 30+foot yachts out of the water. It really sucked but at least the boat didnt sink. Made me think about adding another bilge pump.

burbanite
    Didn't make it to IRP but did follow it closely, several of the guys from work went to catch up with old friends. Of course, now I'm sorry I didn't plan ahead a little earlier, there's always next year.
    Pulled the plugs and drained the cylinders, did a compression check and every thing seemed ok, it fired up and sounded normal so fingers crossed. I think the water put out the fire before the engine could hurt itself, I wasn't way up in RPM so it just stopped - man, you can sqeeze a lot of water into a big block! I crawled around under the boat and checked for cracks but all looks fine. The sudden stop was the worst, lots of water coming in over the back, I went for the pumps right away, (three in the back and I'm thinking of putting one in eack sponson), but all turned out ok in the end. It did teach me to listen to myself next time, I knew better but didn't heed my own advice.

Hallett19
    Havasu was crazy as hell this weekend, celebrated my 23rd year on the earth, saw some a$$ as always, didnt bring the boat, still trying to figure out my ticking prob, so we had to hang on some pices of $hit pontoon/poon boat with a smoky ass outboard, yuck, however we got a great spot on the channel about a hundred yards from the bridge, drinkin cristal champange and watching the ladies roll by, but I tell ya, I miss the days of sandbar, waist deep water, offers of oral sex for beer, big party barges with tons of naked girls..... ahh, what I wouldnt do to be 20 again, my 20th b day was the best weekend down there, my 21st rivaled it, but sandbar was and always will be a sadly missed old friend.

riverlover
    Hallet, was the sandbar closed or something?