Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: x5 BMW or rx300 LEXUS Which one is better ?

RP1
    BMW = higher end Luxury vehilce
    Lexus = glorified Toyota in any of it's models. The resale on a BMW will be better as well. IMO
    Bottom line... go with what will make you happy, as you are the one with the payments and enjoyment of owning it.
    Aslo, I know the BMW warranty was a major factor in our purchase.

MagicMtnDan
    When it come to engine, which is more dependable ? I mean which one would break down more ?
    Thanks,
    Alex.
    Lexus/Toyota make the highest quality cars (Honda is up there with them). Everyone else offers lesser quality to varying degrees.
    As long as you have a warranty for German vehicles you'll be fine. Never ever buy a used German vehicle without a warranty for as long as you plan on owning the vehicle. :hammer2:

ptboat
    RP1 and Magic,
    You all start to worry me about German car. I know that foreign car would cost more when it come to getting thing fix. But for owning a BMW that mean I have to give up on my boat just to have a German car, then one would have to think twice about this.
    Thanks,
    Alex.

MagicMtnDan
    RP1 and Magic,
    You all start to worry me about German car. I know that foreign car would cost more when it come to getting thing fix. But for owning a BMW that mean I have to give up on my boat just to have a German car, then one would have to think twice about this.
    Thanks,
    Alex.
    As long as you have a warranty you'll be fine. Are you planning on keeping it past warranty expiration?

RP1
    RP1 and Magic,
    Thanks,
    Alex.
    The warranty is four/50,000 mi. on the BMW. If you have specfic questions about the BMW, I suggest contacting Ziggy here on the boards. He is a dealership owner for BMW and SAAB and is very helpful.
    For me there was never an option to go with Lexus. But then again I have owned three BMW's and two Mercedes in the past, so I'm a lillte bias toward the German side. Don't get me wrong, I think Lexus is a nice car and makes a good product that anyone would/should be proud to own.

uvindex
    RP1 and Magic,
    Thanks,
    Alex.Pardon me for jumping in... BMW's are great cars, but they're not typically a first choice if you're "budget-minded" If you're concerned about dollars, you might want to consider the "total cost of ownership", which factors in insurance, maintenance costs, depreciation, and stuff like that. For example, according to www.edmunds.com, the Beemer's true cost of ownership is $0.83/mile while the Lexxie's true cost of ownership is $0.68/mile (you might get different numbers depending on your delivery zip code and the options on the vehicle.) I'm not trying to convince you to get the Lexus (great car, but it's a hen car that looks like an egg) just wanted to make sure you're aware of the higher cost of ownership of the X5.

RP1
    Pardon me for jumping in... BMW's are great cars, but they're not typically a first choice if you're "budget-minded" If you're concerned about dollars, you might want to consider the "total cost of ownership", which factors in insurance, maintenance costs, depreciation, and stuff like that. For example, according to www.edmunds.com, the Beemer's true cost of ownership is $0.83/mile while the Lexxie's true cost of ownership is $0.68/mile (you might get different numbers depending on your delivery zip code and the options on the vehicle.) I'm not trying to convince you to get the Lexus (great car, but it's a hen car that looks like an egg) just wanted to make sure you're aware of the higher cost of ownership of the X5.
    I do agree with this. Our Beemer sits M-F and my wife drives her Lexus GS300 for a commuter car, which is a lot cheeper on maintanence and the other issues mentioned. The Lexus has around 100,000 miles on it and the only thing we have done in the past three years is have a sensor light fixed for a grand total of $140.00, can't beat that.
    If having a boat or not factors into this... don't buy a vehicle that won't allow you to have toys also. A vehicle is just transportaion and the boat is all about fun.

$pit-laser
    I have a 2001 X5 with 4.4 V8 in it and love it. In fact I will probly never buy a different make vehicle for the cruiser again. I also bought both my kids Lexus IS300's and BMW's service blows Lexus's away.

hyevon
    We have an X5 and it's the biggest piece of S%&T that i have ever owned. IMO stay with the lexus.

scarabrick2
    Go look at the INFINITI !! Lots of power, great interior room and standard loads of standard features. The V-6 FX35 or the V-8 FX45 will haul ass and tow. My wife drove all three and the infiniti will drive better and beat all of them in standard comfort and drivability.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast