Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blown gas

Wildboats
    Mabie I should ditch the gas and switch to alky I have heard it is a bit more forgiving

EXTREMEBOATS
    If your running saddles is your pump lower than your fuel source? Remember its harder to pull fuel than to push it. This could be your hard to start prob. Also I've seen a separate tank used, Fuel is pumped to it and because it is higher and closer to the pump it will supply fuel much easier. You could be sucking the lines dry due to the distance your trying to pull the fuel. Had a prob like this on a injected dragster once. The tank location was a messed up location. We added a tank close to the pump and added a float switch and electric fuel pump to keep our added tank full. A bit of extra bs but solved our starvation prob. :hammerhea
    Just my thoughts... Mike

Fiat48
    Yeah I have had the nozzle's get plugged more than one time, so thats the first thing I do check. I never did think about the -10 line but I thought the -6 was too small, since it has run well before. I did not change them. The tanks appear to be factory Sanger saddle's one is bottom pull and the other is top, Why ? I dont know, was already done. I drilled the vent hole's larger in the fuel cap's and was hoping to check it at CFW. did'nt want to make the hall in the rain though.
    "The tanks appear to be factory Sanger saddle's one is bottom pull and the other is top"
    Fuel slosh..could be drying up and also pulling fuel out the top is not the what injector pumps like. Probably sucking air. All it takes is one air bubble and she quits. To run side tanks with injection: Weld fittings into the bottom of the tank and make an extention tube into the tank so it picks up the fuel near the middle of the tank. Otherwise it will dry up somewhere and quit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12