Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tunnel Ram Color

BigDaddy
    The guy i got my Tunnel ram from Painted it Black and i am wondering if any one has had problems with it being black??
    My experiance in racing is it should be as lite in color as possible even just Polished for heat i think it should be as Cool as possible for the fuel to be cool Give any info yall have thanx
    BigDaDDy
    Ignore Them Hatters

Johnwithjm
    My tunnel ram is powder coated black and it works well for me
    [This message has been edited by Johnwithjm (edited February 03, 2002).]

BigDaddy
    How do you know it is working well or at its best I have been racing for a long time and have built blowers for top fuel cars for long time etc etc. and the things i have learned is that the cooler the fuel the better it seems to perform and i have asked some of my car racing Buddies and they all have said it does make a difference. the reason i am asking this is i noticed the Manifold Sweating with lots of condensation when i am running accross the water and it leaves a water mark on the surface till it gets wiped up. I think it will condensate weather it is polished or black but not as bad if it can disapate the heat instead of attract it Hence keeping the fuel Cooler in the manifold as it flows thru the manifold. I am wondewring if it makes a difference in the performance of the engine as well as it does fuel Burn i would think it would Thanx for your reply and i am looking forward to finding out these things.

Johnwithjm
    I had a polished tunnel ram on the motor and had no problems. Put the powdercoated tunnel ram on and it worked alot better for me. It is a hell of alot better to keep clean. I see your point and I have not had the sweating problem. Where are you running your boat?

fat rat
    I've heard black can work both ways....look at your air cooled motorcycle engines, most are black. Black can disipate heat also....I don't know if this works in this application.
    Remeber: "Chrome won't get you home"
    "Black will get you back"

jroos
    fat rat, you are right about air cooled motors and black. It is a certain black paint . I`ll remember the name one day.
    But a tunnel has no cooling fins and I would think that polished would remove the heat quicker as paint would act as an insulator and a non polished surface although not even (with raised areas in the trillions) would still not dissapate heat as fast. This non polished surface would fill with dirt and grime and insulate? Remember to block off your heat risers! Free HP.
    My .02.
    [This message has been edited by jroos (edited February 05, 2002).]

BigDaddy
    Hey Guys The Thing is I dont want to attract heat I want it to stay the hell away and i deffinatly do not want to keep it in and hey Fat Rat It aint no Harley . well it used to be since i sold one of my harleys and bought the Boat with the money. and the reason they use black on cycle engines is to make them look good with the Frame and if they didnt do something to it it would look like Crap Being Molded cast alluminum so instead of polishing them the paint them black it cost less and it helps warm the air cooled engine when it is cols out cuz they aint got no Choke to help warm them up and also you are mostly talking about Two stroke motors for the most part. most 4-strokes are silver becouse they also dont show oil like a two stroke does any way enough about the reason for air cooled engines being black. Hey my engine is lake water cooled and the Fuel is Cold from the tank and when it flows thru the manifold it makes the HOT BLACK surface Sweat like a set of Implants at Mardi Gras from being exposed to the sun. so i was thinking if the fuel was cooler and didnt have the heat from the manifold evaporating it as it flowed thru the manifold and or cousing it to be warmed and not as cold when it is Combusted in the cylender well this means that it is allready warm when it is combusted and maybe if it was cooler it would be more combustable or volitle when the spark plug ignites. I think that having it Coated silver or a lighter color it would be more efficient and also it makes it more Ported like smoother thus making it more responsive without injecting it or blowing it and yeh i would rather be blown than injected but as you said chrome dont get ya home BUT COATING MY KEEP YA BOATING hey i just made that up i am impressed with my self so hey guys i am going to try it i think and see but i dont have two to check if one is better then the other so i will have to live with it looking better than DULL black and be allot better looking and not to mention Cleaner looking so if i have made an erorr in my definition of what i was looking for or any thing else in this Reply fill free to correct me and make me fill like a LITTLE DADDy without a Black Tunnel Ram well it will just have to be this way.
    Hey Guys i hope ya havent fallen asleep yet cuz i have one more thing to say and i will let ya go.
    Who wants a Pic of the Chick at motel six parking lot in Denison Texas in my Boat TopLess ( o ) ( o ) and looking Hot. LMAO LOLOL See yall later.

jroos
    Dude,
    With your last reply you have taken ingnorance to an all new high.I will not EVER reply to you again BigDaddy! You my friend are truely stupid! In your first post you stated you have racing expierience. Now I will not reply to you but just what the F did you race?
    A diffinitive BRF!
    [This message has been edited by jroos (edited February 09, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by jroos (edited February 09, 2002).]

LeadFootTheRabbit
    BigDaddy, your last post was the hardest thing I have ever read on this board. It was like a 1000 word essay with only 4 sentences. Good thing you checked your spelling and used commas. You ROCK!! LDFTRBT

BigDaddy
    WOOOw JRooS Sorry if i Offended you in any way and or form I dont know were that came from but i in no way ment any Harm from it i was just stating what i was trying to do and if i was Making a Mistake or not if i do change the color. I Do apoligize to you Sir and Bow to your Intelec for Racing I do not claim to be the best or the Fastest But i have Raced Several Different Forms and been in several different feilds of the racing Industry from FAN to Track Management to Vender To Racer to Wrench to Tire man etc. and i have seen several different kinds of Racers in My Day and the one that seems to be the Most Difficult to understand and or do is BOAT Racing this is why i choose not to race them Rather Watch and Enjoy the Event and all it has to offer. So i dont know what different applications work or can Make a Difference so I ask and Discuss it here with different people from all over the country Just like you can do so Please dont take any offence in anything i have said I Really Really did not mean any Harm or Disrespect to you or any one else that has replied to any of my Post i have done So please accept my Apology for any disrespect i have done to you Sir.
    and just so you know the kind of racing i have done well started in Dirt bike racing a sl70 honda to a RM250 suzuki to a 500 montesa from there started Sand Drag racing at Wanoka Okla little sahara Park in a 65 step side international 4x4 with Paddle tires and Hill climbs. to Drag cra racing from street racing to NHRA Top Fuel Funny Cars with Flash Gorden Mineo Racing Rebuilding Impelers for the blowers and doing the Head Removal Between Rounds. to Mud Truck Racing in MUDD Bogs to Car Crunching. and RC Remote control truck racing 4x4 Nitro powered. to Drag Bike and top fuel Harley Racing. So no i have not done all racing Like Boat Racing But i have been around some of it and i am learning all the time about power in the water and the concept but i Prefer to just enjoy it and Relax when i am at the lake and have fun with my Jet Boat which is Not fast but it isnt really a slouch either But Thanks for the reply and i do hope you are not Offended in any way.
    Have a Nice day and Remember its the SKINNY ONE ON THE RIGHT.
    Respectfully BigDaDDy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast