Thread: Tastin Racin a Success

CircleJerk
    Team Davis smothers the fast class competition with their back up boat: #535 yellow Hondo as seen in the wildest V-drives photos! Ron, Mr. Oregon H2O spanks the huge ski class for a huge lead on a repeat Nostalgia Driving Championship. with newcomer Todd in his Jones small block taking a surprising second and Rookie girl Cheryl (Hondo Sangers daughter) one point behind in third!
    Then the biggest surprise: Sharon, daughter of the #65 Tinkertoys owner just plain out ran the hydros in the Vintage Nostalgia class in Mr. Olsons #1 Wickens flat! So now we have three awsum girls battling the matcho guys for overall driver bragging rights!
    I, on the other hand had a heaping helping of humble pie as my new ride killed the aluminum flywheel! But, the boat floats!
    Over 14 boats survived the choppy water and hard racing but not without major mechanical carnage! And the biggest surprise was Unlimited Hydroplane driver, Nate Brown, finished one heat in second with his newly restored 1965 Lauterback 225! Our white and red Jones 266 spanked him on the long course, much to everyones disbelief. Hey, we have some experienced nostalgia drivers since its our fifth year of racing.
    Here's a bit for you oval port square port dudes! Cheryl torched a 990 head and the ULHRA guys loaned her an 049 oval port which went on the port side and the tunnel ram covered up the mis-match! She was right behind the flying #8 Aquacraft of Ron and surprised the whole dang bunch! Her Sanger boat ran very hard! Hey Al, I told you the bent prop was OK! Now, do you believe me? So, how could this happen you port matching gurus!? Brian ,Al, and Jeff should have a leg up on the Pit Person of the Year award for this awsum feat!
    Finally, Mr. Super Lite and GN's K boat 'Freedom' were the shinyest of the whole bunch and Rick was awsum as a Nostie Volunteer Staff member! Next year should be even better, and of course, all you fast Californian circle boaters are welcome to our green Northwest.
    We do it all again this next weekend at 'Racers Reunion at Banks Lake'! Harlan Orrin will be our distinguished VIP and judge of the 'Best Engineered Award'!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Thanks for the update Boyd, as usual it sounds like you guys had a good time. Sounds like some homework is in order to beat ol Team Davis....and to think those guys are the class of the field with their back up boat!!!! :2purples:
    Jerry

FlatRat
    kiNg JeRk,
    We're bummed we missed some good racin and great v-drive folks.Been hard at work on the Howard.Bulk in and done have layed some new mat,glass on stringer just have do some santaition on the seams.Some hardware all polished up and some going to powdercoat next week.Will start rigging around the fiirst of the month.I a rookie at this stuff so things take time trying figure out and not overbuild.I just keep thinkin'....when the green flag drops. :rollside:

72 superlite
    Boyd, did you guys run anymore on Saturday after the wind came up? Wish I could have made it up Sunday. That lake sure gets rough. See you in Moses Lake at the end of summer.
    Rick

RaysonKid
    Are we talking about the yellow Hondo that played submarine at Banks Lake???
    I guess we should have left it on the bottom...
    Doesnt team Davis have a B boat now??

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Are we talking about the yellow Hondo that played submarine at Banks Lake???
    I guess we should have left it on the bottom...
    Doesnt team Davis have a B boat now??
    The submarine has the field covered so they leave the B boat home until the competition steps it up a bit. :2purples:

biesemeyer34
    The yellow submarine was so excited to be on top of the water , you rescue divers keep pumping air in the bow so it can float. Al Lapointe was in the pits to help Team Davis with the plate for that choppy Sammamish water. A big reason for our victory was the engine failure of George Nordlings boat and the steering failure of another fast Hondo in the same heat. It is hard to lose with no one else running. Jimmy D. with Hondo in Tow.

RaysonKid
    I was wondering where I left that scuba tank.... :rollside:

CircleJerk
    Boyd, did you guys run anymore on Saturday after the wind came up? Wish I could have made it up Sunday. That lake sure gets rough. See you in Moses Lake at the end of summer.
    Rick
    No, the wind did us in! White caps were the norm. But Sunday was great with temps in the high 60s and calmer water. Robin did all the launching in some brown fishing waders! Fashion statement I think! Thanks for all you help Rick. And, as always, you boat is a bomb! I did get the flywheel changed tonight and ground the powerglide adapter to take a standard nose starter. So I may test tomarrow before heading out or just pack up and get to Sunbanks Resort and take my vacation one day early. Should be a great one with the Unlimited Hydro driver, Nate Brown bringing his cherry Lauterbach hydro! I expect 15 boats but we could have some jets to start their new class. See Ya