Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mold in our boat

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    [QUOTE=Mandelon]Soap and water usually does the trick. You can use a product like Virex or Sporicidin. Leave it in the sun as well as UV light helps to kill it as well.
    Mold only grows on organic materials. You need to do a better cleanup job before you put the boat away next time. And let it dry out before it is covered up. It won't grow on fiberglass or even vinyl or nylon carpet, but it will grow on a dirt film, spilled food, drink, or hair and skin fragments or bits of cotton wool or leather
    MAN..........CSI ***boat......DELON

ROZ
    [QUOTE=Mandelon]
    Man---thinks he's RP1---delon

Mandelon
    Mandelon, are mold and mildew different? I thought they were but you're the expert on that stuff. I have always used vinegar and water 50/50 to get rid of mildew and stains. It would be safe on nearly any material. The vinegar smell doesn't last longer than it takes to clean the boat. You do need to rinse it lightly with a wet cloth afterward and put a conditioner on your vinyl when done.
    Mildew is relatively inert and can grow on tile and grout. It is not considered unhealthy...Mold is a fungus and as stated will only grow on organics or a dirt film. Its hyphae, (root branch and stem structure) as well as the spores (seeds) have been associated with allergic and more severe health issues in humans and animals.
    Some can be quite serious, causing memory loss, nosebleeds, difficulty breathing and flulike symptoms, anecdotal evidence suggests much worse effects are possible including brain lesions and death... :frown:
    A little in the boat is no big deal, when its all over your house is when you need to worry. RAking leaves in the yard or similar activities exposes you to millions of spores, but the body can deal with temporary exposures quite well. Its long term exposure that cause issues. Headaches, migraines etc....
    Man--->IAQA CMR 1072<------delon

ROZ
    That's cool, but can you make loud farting noises with your hand under your armpit?

XtrmWakeborder
    That's cool, but can you make loud farting noises with your hand under your armpit?
    LMAO!!!!

Mandelon
    Fokker, you know I can...... :boxingguy

riverracerx
    First the boat is in the mold...now the mold is in the boat. :notam:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
    Mildew is relatively inert and can grow on tile and grout. It is not considered unhealthy...Mold is a fungus and as stated will only grow on organics or a dirt film. Its hyphae, (root branch and stem structure) as well as the spores (seeds) have been associated with allergic and more severe health issues in humans and animals.
    Some can be quite serious, causing memory loss, nosebleeds, difficulty breathing and flulike symptoms, anecdotal evidence suggests much worse effects are possible including brain lesions and death... :frown:
    A little in the boat is no big deal, when its all over your house is when you need to worry. RAking leaves in the yard or similar activities exposes you to millions of spores, but the body can deal with temporary exposures quite well. Its long term exposure that cause issues. Headaches, migraines etc....
    You are one sexy son of a biatch with that kind of talk.

rrrr
    I heard vinegar and water are used to get rid of yeast but I didn't know it works on mold

LMAO!!!

Debbolas
    LMAO!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast