Thread: Adding weight?

Hallz
    Does anyone have any Idea as to how much speed is lost buy adding a 100lbs with aprox 475-500hp?
    With the new int. and stereo equipment I am adding about 100-150 lbs of non removable weight and was wondering how much speed I will be scrubbing by doing so.
    Thanks!

victorfb
    i would think it would depend on the hull size and wieght. if your talking about a 22' cruiser id say you wouldnt notice much since your adding a smaller percentage of total wieght. with a smaller, lighter hull you would be adding a larger percentage of toal wieght were you will notice it more. i know in my 18' rogers its a big differance when i carry a passenger as apposed to just myself in the boat. from take off to top speed i can definatly feel a differance when i have a passenger.

MudPumper
    I did a GPS test with my buddy in my 18' Jet w/500hp. By just taking him out of the boat, he weighs about 170lbs, I gained 2mph.

Hallz
    I did a GPS test with my buddy in my 18' Jet w/500hp. By just taking him out of the boat, he weighs about 170lbs, I gained 2mph.
    I can live with 2-3mph vs no no tunes and more comfortable ride. I am not going to stress on it anymore.
    It will be what it will be even if I dont make the 85mph mark I just want the boat backin the water at this point!

Thanks

clownpuncher
    I wouldn't worry much about 100 lbs. For comfort and tunes it's worth it.
    I have a lot of weight in my boat but couldn't care less about speed loss.
    6 batteries, 2 amps, 2 subs, full tool box and coolers. I wouldn't change a thing for a few MPH's.

jpeaston
    tested that on Sunday w/ gps in 18ft jet
    my buddy 240lbs 55.2mph
    w/o 57.7

Hallz
    tested that on Sunday w/ gps in 18ft jet
    my buddy 240lbs 55.2mph
    w/o 57.7
    good news,....
    Thanks!

XClutchboy725
    My boat goes faster with both me and my wife in it compared to me by myself. I think it has a lot to do with weight placement.

disco_charger
    My boat goes faster with both me and my wife in it compared to me by myself. I think it has a lot to do with weight placement.
    So I know if you have your wife in the boat, you're looking to get up to "ramming speed"? :notam: I can't help it, it's been months since I brought that up!