Thread: Hey ford guys

Hustler
    I got jetting question for you. I have buddy who has a 40 over 460 with mild cam, not sure on the intake but it's nothing fancy like a tunnel ram or any thing. any way we picked up a 850dp for it but it came with no jets. what do you guys run for jets? I was kinda thinking about starting off at about 87/92's and see what it looked like. What do you think?

flat broke
    I think that'd be "safe" for starters. I don't have any good starting points for a single deal as Hackers motor with those heads was setup for a TR. BTW, I believe the heads are gasket matched to a Mr. Gasket SCJ port, so have your buddy see if he can drum up an SCJ intake. Maybe Hacker can post up with the actual gasket part number.
    Chris

Squirtin Thunder
    Most of the stock jettings on the 850dps are 80s so I would start there. And because you say it is very mild I woul install a pair of 9.5 power valves. On the 850 if you go to a 79 jet it will put you at 2000' above sealevel and the oposit if you go to 81s.

Hustler
    Chris this for another guy not the one one that bought hackers heads.
    ST the carb came with no jets thats why I'm looking for a good starting point.

flat broke
    Joe,
    What's the list number on the carb?
    Chris

Squirtin Thunder
    Most of the stock jettings on the 850dps are 80s so I would start there. And because you say it is very mild I woul install a pair of 9.5 power valves. On the 850 if you go to a 79 jet it will put you at 2000' above sealevel and the oposit if you go to 81s.
    I run 80s on both sides of my 850dps and adjusted to 9.5 power valves. But I need to step up to 10.5s to get a little better responce and HP !!!

disco_charger
    80's all four corners. 9.5 on the power valves. 87's and you're just going to be pouring gas out the tips.

Squirtin Thunder
    Stock power valves are usually 6.5 on the 850s but we tend to make more vacuum.

LakesOnly
    I have buddy who has a 40 over 460 with mild cam, we picked up a 850dp for it but it came with no jets. I was kinda thinking about starting off at about 87/92's and see what it looked like. What do you think?
    Way too rich for a mild 468 Ford. Start low 80's, foul some plugs and work down from there.
    LO