Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walters to Martinez

djdtpr
    all black ? was it on fuel ? think i know witch one is one,we didn't have jet had a ski centurion bare foot warrior merc.
    It was black with different color browns in it.It pretty much stayed anchored all day cause we get to drinkin and throwing horse shoes and forget about the boats.

CandyA$$
    There are plenty of off weekends.
    July 23 or Aug 6 or anything in there.
    It allways seems interesting in the mornings cause the water being so low, that boats are beached. LOL I saw that once.
    So are you trying to put this together to start from Blythe (where about?) and go down towards Martinez or a meet at Walters and go down to Martinez?

cole13
    The hard part would be nailing a date. I'm not gonna be out there the 4th. Going on one of those 3 day booze barges to Ensenada.
    I can probably get about 4-5 other boats to go down. Any other dates besides the 4th strike someones fancy?
    I can get two more boats (yellow miller in the pic and 20 ft Hallet, to carry our gas) plus mine. End of Aug, start of Sept. is perfect down there. We usually boat out there till late Oct. I am out of commission from now till the end of July. But After that it is game on for the rest of the year. Has anybody put something together like this before? I have not.

CandyA$$
    End of Aug would fall into memorial.
    Beginning to Middle of Aug would take up room for no holidays from July 4th to memorial.
    Never put something together. Pick an exact location to meet and date and time. Then ask who will be there. Then everyone meet up, someone can make a sign saying something about starting point for run to martinez at the location so that everyone knows they are with the right crowd and do not miss out.
    Just something I picked up elsewhere.

hottrodder
    CandyA$$- We can probably do both. Myself, Cole and maybe Vortech would motor down to Walters from the Mayflower/Hidden Beaches area of Blythe and there we could meet up with others who just launched there or maybe came up from Martinez (Lightning, Grape Ape, Brady Bunch) and then continue down. I assume you meant Labor Day when referrring to Memorial. I'm thinking 8/6?
    Cole- No I've never tried to put anything together. Can't you tell...

cole13
    CandyA$$- We can probably do both. Myself, Cole and maybe Vortech would motor down to Walters from the Mayflower/Hidden Beaches area of Blythe and there we could meet up with others who just launched there or maybe came up from Martinez (Lightning, Grape Ape, Brady Bunch) and then continue down. I assume you meant Labor Day when referrring to Memorial. I'm thinking 8/6?
    Neither have I, but I would assume if people commit early enough and only a couple of boats show it would still be a good time.
    I have one thing that is holding me from commiting fully at this point, but I know that you have to start this early or people can not plan. I would hate to get this going and then have to back out at the last minute.

Commander21
    OK I am going to answer this, but do not recommend doing it by yourself. One Take at least 10 gallons of fuel. Two, if you leave in the morning you are going to end up floating for about 20-25 miles. I float just to make sure I do not blow up the pump. It is way do-able in a long day. Once you get into the reserve you are golden. it is absolutley an amazing day. Go with a couple of boats and really make an entire day of it. If you are familiar with the upper Blythe area, cruzing in at sunset should be no problem.
    If you really wanted to have fun, go down one day, camp then come back up in the morning.
    Here is what I do it in, and it makes it no problem. The one of the left!
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...colemiller.JPG
    Love your Cole. I have almost the same color scheme on my 88 Commander. Who did your upholsterrey work? Looks hot.

cole13
    Love your Cole. I have almost the same color scheme on my 88 Commander. Who did your upholsterrey work? Looks hot.
    I H8 Golf, as well. At least that is what I say every Thursday when I tee off.
    Post a picture of the commander. I bought the boat like this, so I am not sure who did it. As far as I know it is original gel, upholstry. The only thing not original is the motor and pump work I had done.

Commander21
    Cole,
    I'll get you a picture ASAP

CandyA$$
    Funny, yes I ment Labor Day, my birthday weekend.
    Anyways 8/6 seems to look good on my end. I will talk with a few peeps before I confirm. I know were going out sometime near then.
    Sure we could meet up at Walters since we would be coming up from Martinez. So about what time are you looking at leaving your area and what time would you get to Walters? I will take a digital of my boat that way we all know what we are looking for.
    Wooohooo fun times.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast