Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walters to Martinez

Commander21
    I H8 Golf, as well. At least that is what I say every Thursday when I tee off.
    Post a picture of the commander. I bought the boat like this, so I am not sure who did it. As far as I know it is original gel, upholstry. The only thing not original is the motor and pump work I had done.
    I cant seem to get pictures to upload. Pissin me off too...

cole13
    I cant seem to get pictures to upload. Pissin me off too...
    have you been able to upload them to the ***boat image center? If so I will can help you from there.

CandyA$$
    Hey guys.
    I have found out that I will be out there that weekend, but due to the type of fuel we cannot go up that far. I am really bummed. I will be at White beach, maybe stop off. I guess that is as far as we can go. I will try and convince to go up to Walters.
    So have you figured a time for meeting up at Walters?

cole13
    Hey guys.
    I have found out that I will be out there that weekend, but due to the type of fuel we cannot go up that far. I am really bummed. I will be at White beach, maybe stop off. I guess that is as far as we can go. I will try and convince to go up to Walters.
    So have you figured a time for meeting up at Walters?
    What do you mean type of fuel? I am still trying to see who would want to do this. I have a couple of calls into my buddies, and have not heard anything yet. After talking to my wifey, she said it sounds like a lot of fun. So we are looking at late Sepetember. if that is good for anyone else let me know. It would be a really great time.

CandyA$$
    We run VP fuel, they do not carry that at Walters.
    Late Septemeber, I could go for something like that.
    Just post it up and figure out time for meeting up at Walters.
    By late Sept. I could probably convince my hubby to do 1 of 2 things. Buy a pontoon or run the boat on regular gas. Ha.
    Waite late Sept. the water level will be really low and you may not be able to get through very well.?

BarryMac
    Mind if I butt in, are you all planning on a run from Martinez to Walters or vice versa? I know of a few people that would be up for a run from Martinez to Walters, sounds lie ti would be a great time...

hottrodder
    I was at a party Saturday night and I talked with some of the guys there about this trip on the 8/6 date. I've got 5 guys interested. Don't know yet how many of the other halfs would want to make the haul. It's looking like 3 boats anyway. Because of the distance I'd like to get to Martinez at a decent morning time so that we have some time to spend at Martinez. Maybe 11:00ish??
    CandyA$$- Just your husband to keep his foot out of the gas. I run a turbo motor and it likes AV gas. But if I keep it out of boost or just 1-2 pounds I can run 91. May not be able to get 91 at Walters though. Typically on the water you get crap gas full of sediment and water. Filters and seperators mandatory.
    Hey can anyone confirm that you can still get gas at Walters? Someone Saturday night said they remembered something about Walters having to remove their tanks awhile back and he didn't think they put them back in.

cole13
    We are having twins, so to commit that early may be tough and it is too early to tell if that is going to be a good time for us.
    I do not know if they took the gas out of walters. We always just took gas cans with us. It is not that big of a deal to carry 20-30 gallons with you. It is not like you are throttle to hard.
    To get there early you are going to have to leave at sun-up. From what I rememeber and from the AAA guide of the Colorado river. It is about 80 miles one way, from Mcentyre to Martinez.

CandyA$$
    I was at a party Saturday night and I talked with some of the guys there about this trip on the 8/6 date. I've got 5 guys interested. Don't know yet how many of the other halfs would want to make the haul. It's looking like 3 boats anyway. Because of the distance I'd like to get to Martinez at a decent morning time so that we have some time to spend at Martinez. Maybe 11:00ish??
    CandyA$$- Just your husband to keep his foot out of the gas. I run a turbo motor and it likes AV gas. But if I keep it out of boost or just 1-2 pounds I can run 91. May not be able to get 91 at Walters though. Typically on the water you get crap gas full of sediment and water. Filters and seperators mandatory.
    Hey can anyone confirm that you can still get gas at Walters? Someone Saturday night said they remembered something about Walters having to remove their tanks awhile back and he didn't think they put them back in.
    Hey its not that, well I do not think it is.
    The weekend of 8/6, We will have a boat full of peeps, we have a boat meant for 4 maybe 5 peeps and we will be traveling with kids, so we would end up with 4 adults and 3 to 4 kids, not going to be an easy ride up. We thought that we could put 2 or 3 kids on a tube and pull them behind us is the areas were we could do that. Still trying to figure it out.
    Yes we could carry extra gas but do not really have alot of room.
    We would be coming from Martinez going to Walters. So are you saying arriving at Walters at 11:00ish?

hottrodder
    CA$$- Ya. Walters around 11:00. Still trying to run to ground if there's gas there or not. I'd rather not carry fuel. I'm pretty sure my wife will come along so we'll be with younguns too. The other boats will be kidless or maybe a couple of teenagers.
    Cole- Remember when I said the last time we got stuck twice. We'll that was in late September FYI. Mapquest puts Martinez Lake at 93 miles from Blythe and that's with a little back track up the AZ side of the 95. I bet on the water it's about 80 miles.
    Any other takers???

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast