Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ? on anchoring my cat...

KingCole
    I will be taking my 28' Magic to Park Moabi next weekend for the first time. I'm a little concearned about my boat wanting to pull my anchor up as the current picks up on the river. I have a big box anchor and sand spike. Will that hold it in place across the current? I guess I could just beach it, but than I would need to move it out as the water goes down. I'm just wondering what other guys do there that works.

ADDICTED
    A box anchor and a Sand Spike should be perfect as long as you dont have it completly tied up side ways to the current.

cxr133
    sideways to the current??
    you mean at a 90 degree angle to the current..
    the boat should be parallel w/ the current???

ADDICTED
    Thats what I mean :messedup:

Hustler
    use a anchor buddy for the front, it's like a big bungee that will let the boat move a little but wont pull the anchor when hit by wakes.

DrewDown
    At moabi you can get it out of the current by anchoring it just on the south side of the rocky point (camp site).

Reaper1
    When in doubt. Pull it out. :devil:

ChumpChange
    Just make sure your rope is long enough from the boat to anchor so the boat won't lift the anchor up when wake comes and you'll be good. I anchor off shore there with only one anchor.

NorCalCat
    When in doubt. Pull it out. :devil:
    This is the best advise. If you have to ask, you probobly should not trust your judgement. Be safe, and protect your investment.

Jetdriver
    use a anchor buddy for the front, it's like a big bungee that will let the boat move a little but wont pull the anchor when hit by wakes.
    BINGO!!!! Love my anchor buddy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast