Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overhead Guages for DMax

BRSTQUEST
    Thanks For All The Info.....this Duramax Thing Is New To Me So I Need All The Info I Can Get......i Am Leaning Towards The Cst With Bilstein Shocks But Still Looking Around
    Thanks,
    Bob

sigepmock
    Good Luck Bob, and Congrats on the truck. Have you tried this place?
    Diesel Place (http://thedieselplace.com/forum/index.php)
    Lot's of good info there too.
    Chris

dieseldog
    As far as engine mods, get a 4" catback exhaust, a cold-air intake(stock is pretty good), and a programmer. Edge makes the best programmer but it takes a little work to remove before going in to the dealer for warranty work. I got the Diablo Sport Predator programmer. It's a hand held programmer so you just plug it in tune and go or plug it in a "Return to Stock" before going to the dealer. I run it on the 65HP tune for everyday driving and towing the boat and on the 40HP tune for towing over 8000lbs. It really made a difference on my truck.
    Agreed. I like the predator on LLY's because of its diagnostic, code reading/clearing capability. Trouble codes can emerge under high fuel demand and turn on the check engine light. With the Edge, you can't clear it, with the predator you can. Going up and down with the power settings all the time isn't a good idea either. They both have their pros and cons. If you had an LB7 I would say Edge, with an LLY, I say predator, but you what opinions are like.......BRSTQUEST, I have a Predator if you want to swing by and give it a try.

sigepmock
    Agreed. I like the predator on LLY's because of its diagnostic, code reading/clearing capability. Trouble codes can emerge under high fuel demand and turn on the check engine light. With the Edge, you can't clear it, with the predator you can. Going up and down with the power settings all the time isn't a good idea either. They both have their pros and cons. If you had an LB7 I would say Edge, with an LLY, I say predator, but you what opinions are like.......BRSTQUEST, I have a Predator if you want to swing by and give it a try.
    Clyde,
    Everybody loves the guages and mount. Thanks again. The truck is running like a champ, set on 65HP tune with the 35's I'm seeing 17-18 mph not towing!!!! Can't wait to see what it does with the boat behind it. Damn this DMax kicks a$$. Thanks again for all your help.
    Chris

dieseldog
    Chris, is that mileage hand calculated? The programmers sometimes throw the DIC of a tad. Glad you like the gauges, I've got more goodies too! The trans cooler I carry is good for a 20-30degree drop in trans temp.

sigepmock
    Yeah hand calc'ing the milage, my comp says 13.7mpg right now but it has been steadily climbing from the 6mpg it said when I first got the truck.
    I know you have more goodies but let me finish this first round of mods first :rollside: The wife is already wanting to kill me.
    Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123