Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Selling a Business...Suggestions ??

burtandnancy
    Jeff, you will get so many suggestions it will drive you nuts. Your attorney will tell you one thing, your CPA another. Every type of business will have a different formulation; manufactureing, distriblution, service, etc. I got lucky, my partner bought me out. I also know business's where the kids took over and kept the old man on a generous salary and expense account (thats one of the best ones). Anyway, you've got a lot of thinking to do, don't let it keep you up at nite...

CA Stu
    Put it on eBay. :rollside:
    Cheers
    CA Stu

SoCalOffshore
    businesses are priced all over the ballpark, dependent upon the type of business, revenue, years of being in business and the true earnings. Smaller, personal business's generally get poor sales prices as the people buying usually dont have allot of money and are dependent on the future revenue stream from the business to pay off the previous owner. Typically better off bringing someone into the business and have them pay you a percentage of the future income over a period of time. But, could the business support someone running it and paying you off at the same time? Some businesses have no sales value as they are all personal services and without the owner, there is no business. Good luck.

UltraStealth
    Well, I haven't decided if I'm selling just yet..but thinking about it. I manufacture custom shade canopies & prop covers.
    Sounds like a pretty good business. I didn't see any prop covers on your site, how much are they?

Holland
    its usually based on EBITAD
    USUALLY 2 TO 3 TIME THIS CALCULATION BASED ON THE TYPE OF BUSINESS AND CASH FLOW
    Smart man there... That is absolutely a great place to start...
    Good job focker... I just had to say that!

SCUBA STEVE
    I guess I should get around to ordering my SC canopy soon!

THATJEFFGUY
    Sounds like a pretty good business. I didn't see any prop covers on your site, how much are they?
    Nope the prop covers aren't there...my website guy flaked out on me and disappeared. Another reason to sell out - flaky employees !! They are $28 plus tax/shipping. You can do a search on the boards and you will see some pics of them.

B-RAD
    Wow watch out Jeff. I curently have someone who will not expose him/herself trying to buy me out. they (trough a bussiness broker) Want to look at my books befor they offer a price. Fair? I did not offer "for Sale" they sought me out. I don't know who it is and won't show my books. Told them to offer based off what is public record, Give up some erest money and I'll show my papers. Again whoever it is I don't have a clue possibly comp? If they want to buy me out and a no compete contract guess they will retire me. this a verry tough desision good luck let us know how it turns out.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
    Really......
    You can do all the calculating you want........
    But you most likely have a number in mind.....
    It's worth what some ones willing to pay for it.......
    Later,
    CJG
    :smile:

ROZ
    buy me out and a no compete contract
    Standard practice...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast