Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing Baffles from Headers Help

dmontzsta
    I usually lube them up for a few days, then fire the bitch up and they pop out.

superdave013
    bro, take the bolts out of them and hit the lake. By the end of the day they both will be out for sure.

cole13
    bro, take the bolts out of them and hit the lake. By the end of the day they both will be out for sure.
    Not always the case here superdave. I have been trying to get mine out for two years. I have had the bolts out for those two years, and every chance I get when I am in the garage I either spray wd40 or a cutting oil in there, and have not been able to get them out. Some say that mine are the type that are not supposed to come out. They look like a big cone going back towards the motor, if that makes sense.

Taylorman
    They are not on the boat so i cant run them. I need to get them out to put them in the headers that are on my boat for this weekend.

Danhercules
    There is a lip on the baffel, I bent it and grabbed it with some Vise-Grips and then pulled. While pulling I hit the vise grips with a hammer to get a twisting motion. The baffle will twist more than come out. Mine made almost 2 full revolutions before it came out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12