Thread: Senior ROZ...

boxscore
    I need a remote for home.... One of those cool dealios that does macros.
    I don't think my PM's are working.

ROZ
    Do you know which one you want?

boxscore
    Nope... will take your advice. Thx

ROZ
    I can't handle the pressure!!! :cry: :crossx: :220v:
    Do you want touch screen or just a macro funtion remote?
    We had an installer do a killer programming on a Pronto color remote last week. The remote's front screen is the family portrait in .gif format.... When you puch the father's picture, his personal features set in the system. His favorite channel's icons show up and he goes from there... Same thing for mom. Push her picture, and her daytime programming network icons are onscreen. Kids weren't left out either. puch their picture, and the PBS, Nick, HBO family, etc. network Icons popup on screen.. expensive programming, but they really digit... It also does slideshows of family pics...
    If you just need a macro remote, do you want IR or RF, and will you ever run more than 1 macro remote in the house?

boxscore
    Touch screen.
    Just wanna hit the screen and have all components come on for a specific function. i.e. For TV, TV, Receiver, cable box. I think our last remote was an RTS? It worked pretty good. Gimme some models, and I'll check em out online.

9er
    I run a Marantz RC9200. It dims the lights, adjusts the home thermostat, ceiling fans, closes the automatic blinds and oh yeah, the TV too. Plus all the stuff ROZ said.
    The programmer was at the house for 10 hours. $$$ That's when the hurting begins.

h2oski2fast
    I run a Marantz RC9200. It dims the lights, adjusts the home thermostat, ceiling fans, closes the automatic blinds and oh yeah, the TV too. Plus all the stuff ROZ said.
    The programmer was at the house for 10 hours. $$$ That's when the hurting begins.
    The Marantz and Prontos are basically the same remote. They have the same software. I have doen graphics and have programmed a few of these, even did one for a Corvette and also a Limobus.
    Wow, 10 hours at the house. Must have hadsome problems. Most of the time they can be programmed via computer and most of the lights and equipement have discrete codes which aids in programming off site.
    Those cool little remotes are the next best thing to setting up a whole Crestron system and they cost a hell of a lot less.

ROZ
    The Marantz and Prontos are basically the same remote. They have the same software. I have doen graphics and have programmed a few of these, even did one for a Corvette and also a Limobus.
    Wow, 10 hours at the house. Must have hadsome problems. Most of the time they can be programmed via computer and most of the lights and equipement have discrete codes which aids in programming off site.
    Those cool little remotes are the next best thing to setting up a whole Crestron system and they cost a hell of a lot less.
    Agreed...There's a TON of programming yu can do.. it's up to your imagination.. WE have several techs who have created templates to hel speed up the process. We keep them all on file as well. A new little remote I like ut Universal Remote's MX350... Not touchscreen, but all the macro functions ou need plus assignable RF expanders. Nice when you have several rf remotes controlling different rooms in a house..It hand program, though... :hammer2: