Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 93.1 aroow im mean jack fm

HM
    Damn pencil necked geeks.
    When I'm not around, you know where I can be found....stompin some geeks head into the ground. And after a juicy steak, and you need a tooth pick...just reach for a geek...he'll do the trick.
    I think I was in jr. High?

Brooski
    Pencil neck geeks, grit eating freaks, scum sucking pee heads with a lousy physeek, He's a one man no good losing streak....nothing but a pencil neck geek

DeltaSigBoater
    Radio now days sucks, I remember when Pirate Radio got axed, along with KNAC, and now Arrow. I'm pretty sure JACK FM has a station in every market in southern CA. I remember back in early 2001 Arrow went to a morning talk show, the ratings fell through the floor.
    For those who live in San Diego, WTF was 103.7 fm The Planet thinking when they picked up Howard Stern? Just what we needed another morning talk show about absolute nothing. Isnt it bad enough that we have Dave Shelly & Chainsaw 2x a day 7 days a week?
    End of my rant.

slingingsmoke
    What about "the Grease Man show"
    He used to be on KLOS 95.5 from 6-10pm back in the day.
    HE WAS AWESOME
    JON.
    OH yeah, KNAC ROCKED!

JustMVG
    It's OK. Just a little too broad though. F U C K yea, bring KNAC back dammit!!!! Can't believe it's been so damn long in probably one of the number one markets w/out a TRUE rock station. Don't even know when new music is coming out for some of those bands.
    Try KNAC.com, alot of the old DJ's and ALL of the music and alot of whats new too.

JustMVG
    K-M-E-T, IS THE PLACE TO BE.......
    I still have some KMET bumper stickers. The mighty met.
    I used to listen to Dr Demento every Sunday night. Top 10 at 9. Damn pencil necked geeks.
    What about the Whoooyyyyaaa, and The very popular "Fish Report with a Beat" on Friday afternoons, and of course Jim Ladd in what i remember as the good ole days, when he could just play what he wanted and anyway he wanted to too, he had some awesome Led Zepp and Pink Floyd mixes.....
    You might recognize "Paraquat" Pat Kelly's voice on some of ABC's teases for Alias and Lost, Jeff Gonzers up in Ventura.... used to be in the High Desert area.....

Phat Matt
    I was kinda shocked to turn on my radio one Monday morning and hear it on the air. I thought it was a fill in for Arrow or something. I am used to it now. Some of the REALLY crappy songs I just can't hang with, but generally my taste runs the gamut. When I can't stand it, I turn to KATY 103.3 in Temecula. If theres an oinker on that also, I turn it down for a minute. I never listen to KLOS. They killed KMET and then tried to turn rabbit(with strange metal and new wave tunes) long ago. That failed, so they went for the 2 fags in the morning. That was the last straw!!!!!!!!!
    RR, where do you live? Just curios because 101.3 is one of my stations.

JetBoatRich
    They made changes to try and fit for L.A. with a wide variety of music.
    I was listening to Demento on Saturday nights on my XM, the kids loved it.

MagicMtnDan
    Radio stations across the country are going the way of Jack-FM - they're all trying to be like satellite radio offering a wide variety of music on their station. I personally don't think it will work and these stations are destined to die off and be replaced by some other format.
    Years ago up in the SF Bay Area they had a radio station with call letters: KOME and they used to say, "does your Mommy know your radio has a cum spot on it?" etc. They had a DJ named "Dennis Erectus" but I think he spelled his first name "Denis" as in penis. Gino Mitchellini used to be on that station too - he then came down to LA - don't know where he is now. KOME was sold to a big company and rest is history.
    http://stickbase1000.free.fr/images/1000/1200/1287.jpg

shueman
    KNAC was the absolute best .....
    Still love to listen to Jim Ladd .....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast