Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aggressor... or Legend?

Eliminator Fan
    I'm doing a mild rebuild on my drive, and a buddy of mine is replacing his. I chose to go with aggressor parts, including the bowl, and he is just about finished installing a new Legend set-back pump.
    What are your guys favorites, and why?

jeff-in-ky
    YIKES!!!!!!!! here we go again. Bottom line all are good, some are bad whatever you have in your boat that works would be my favorite.

HBjet
    EF, unless your going to be racing, changing out the bowls won't give you a noticable difference, that is unless your current bowl is trashed. What I recommend is you look into your wallet, and see how much you can spend, and get the best for that amount. Switching to an Aggressor, Legend, AT, or whatever will give you basically the same results for pleasure boating. It all comes down to cost.
    Good Luck!
    HBjet
    PS, what pump are you using now?

rivercrazy
    I agree with HBjet. You won't notice any difference in this application. I'd go with the manufacturer that offers the best support and warranty. Dominator, AT, Legend are the brands to go with in my opinion.

chet's mother
    As my son Chet say's everything is better with an Agressor on it, or was it Blue Bonnet
    but thats just what he says.

Eliminator Fan
    I have to laugh... after posting this seemingly innocent query, I went on to read the 'Berk mods' thread. Holy shit.
    Ok, here we go... I chose the agg bowl for... are you ready for this?? The lube type. I've been running a Berk JC with the 90wt. program, and I keep loosing tail bushings.
    My boat is the Eliminator 21ft sport cruiser. I use it for skiing about 4 days a week, but the cause for all the concern is that I operate it in about 4 feet of water or less the entire time, so it gets alot of silt pumped through it. With the stock, water and oil setup, it was costing me a set of bushings AND an impeller every season. So when I learned that Agg had a different seal in the bowl, and that they pump the bushing full of grease, I thought I'd try it.
    So... I've spent my money...but tell me, is there a better way?
    I discovered this forum after beginning the rebuild.

Eliminator Fan
    PS...its a 460 with maybe 400hp. I live at 5000 feet elevation and I get just under 60 (on a speedo) and I'm looking forward to that instant 20 mph with my new agg bowl.(wink, wink)

ChetCapoli
    I'd really like to know what you had in your head by using those parts that wear out, grenade,have no warrenty at all AND not have the one and only pump guy redo your pump? You would have even got a years worth of donuts packaged in courtesy of "the donut club".
    Cannoli racing inc.
    P.S. BTW, my mom passed away 3 years ago.

spectras only
    Eliminator fan,Dominator did pump grease in their bowl for ages,so is AT,I've been pumping grease in my 1976 berk since 1978,so what's new? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

flat broke
    chet=troll

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast