It doesn't seem to be enough to me. 100% is about $2300 a month. If your in california that doesnt go far. My dad was 100% and I could have sworn it was abut $3200 and that was in the 80's? For someone to lose both legs it seems to me we should give more so they can have a more comfortable living.I am not clear on the pension part, don't know how long you need to be in and does this apply to the reserves also?
Vets benefits (http://veterans.house.gov/benefits/disabilcomp.html)
VA pays a monthly monetary benefit to veterans who are disabled by injury or disease incurred or aggravated in the line of duty during active military service. The amount of compensation varies with the degree of disability and the number of dependents. Currently, the compensation amounts range from $108 monthly for a 10-percent disability to $2,299 monthly for a 100-percent disability, with additional amounts payable for special circumstances associated with the disability. VA disability compensation is tax-free. Last year, more than 2.5 million veterans and dependents received disability compensation or survivors benefits valued at $22 billion.