Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey fiberglass wizards, little help?

Doin' Time
    they do sell some very nice epoxy's to join fiberglass together from 3M ...im sure they have a site for it.

soupersonic
    You have some great looking cracks in that concrete!
    After he fixes the concrete maybe he will stain that weathered looking fence :rollside:

Redrider
    I am in agreeance. That is definitely a tailgate!
    What shade of black is that? :rollside:

hoolign
    What I would do is make the tailgate mold and put balsa core on the back for stiffness, and really do a nice job. You can't find this stuff at Auotzone!! This will be more of a learning experience for you. You might try and make some doors for your GS next Same concept, just have to make the mold as well. This is the car the tailgate mold was originally made for. 500+ cubic inch Buford with a sheetmetal tunnel ram and a Lenco! Or so they say! Did you least make the rear bumper for it ?
    Hope this helps!

maxwedge
    Running out of threads to post in Hooli? LOL :crossx:

hoolign
    Running out of threads to post in Hooli? LOL :crossx:
    Are you kidding me? There are a shitload of threads left that I can make a mockery out of!

Craig
    Thanks as well JBB, that looks good also. Soupersonic, I haven't found anything that holds up to the sun out here. I finish that damn gate and then in a year it looks like hell again I'll try again this year for ya'

Two K's
    How about the bonding glue they use when gluing corvette body panels together.I made a custom hood skin and used bonding glue and clamped a inner hood from another stock vette hood and it's still together 4 years later. You can buy the stuff at a "real" auto paint supply store

Doin' Time
    they do sell some very nice epoxy's to join fiberglass together from 3M ...im sure they have a site for it.
    try this....most all new cars are glued together!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12