Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Trailer

Commander21
    Hello all. First post here on the Forums. Need some trailer help. I have an older Vanson Trailer thats in need of some serious help. Is it best to try and repair, paint, weld, etc. what I have or start calling around for a new trailer?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

MudPumper
    New trailer will run you any where from 3 to 5 grand, might want to look into how much to refirbish the one you have and weigh the options. :wink:

Commander21
    You're absoultely right. I called Shadow Trailers and they want $4,995.00. I about fell my chair. Still waiting for a call from Extreme. But my guess is they probably want twice that. I'll have to get some qoutes to refurb.

Danhercules
    Look for used. I bought one for about $300 from someone on here. Duel axel. It was even yellow! All I did is put new bunks on it.

Commander21
    Thanks for the insight
    ANYONE ON FORUMS:
    Looking for a trailer for an 88 Commander 21' Conquest. Currently have an older Vanson Dual Axle trailer in sad shape.

djdtpr
    Try giving these guys a call also they may be alittle less expensive for ya,i believe the name is Inertech the # (661)286-9997.If ya need welding and some other stuff let me know i live near you in Bermuda Dunes and have a couple buddys that have welding shops.
    Danny

Nubbs
    Thanks for the insight
    ANYONE ON FORUMS:
    Looking for a trailer for an 88 Commander 21' Conquest. Currently have an older Vanson Dual Axle trailer in sad shape.
    Don't know if you're interested or not, but my neighbor has an extreme trailer for sale. It needs a redo as the paint is rusted (salt water does that). It was for a v-drive Malibu ski boat. You could make some minor modifications and get rid of the v-drive stuff. I believe it's a 94 or 95. It also has the swinging tounge. I think he'd be happy with a few hundred bucks or so. Let me know if you're interested and I can get his number. Just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Nubbs

novaguy
    Contact Dan at:
    Kustom Trailers & Welding
    8975 Rochester Ave
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
    (909)581-3000
    www.kustomtrailers.com
    These guys restored my trailer (sandblast, paint, wires, bunks) for like $2000 a couple of years ago. I also added some other stuff, like a spare tire rack and guide posts for some extra money. I have been really happy with it.
    Good luck,
    Rob

Jeanyus
    I redid mine, new wheels and tires, paint, wireing, bunks,and pivot hitch, for about $1,500.00
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...hinywheels.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...pivotworks.jpg
    The trailer was in good shape to start with, though.
    Check E-bay I sold this trailer for $500.00
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...59trailer3.jpg

Commander21
    Thanks for all the help guys. Have you heard anything good about Garges Custom Trailers which I think is now Baja Trailers?
    They qouted me a pretty reasonable price of $2,200.00.
    That's a little cheaper than what I could refurb. mine for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast